Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Update

I received a call from the nurse at my doctor's office yesterday around 5:30 pm.

She said that they received the first part of my lab results, which were to check liver function, and they came back within normal range.

They are still waiting on the second part, the bile acids. Apparently, it had to get sent out to a lab in Tampa (150 miles from where I live), and they only run that type of tests Tues-Thurs. She is going to keep calling the lab to find out if they have the results, but there is nothing they can do about it to make it go faster. The lab in Tampa has to run the test, send the results to the lab in my city, and then they have to send that info to my doctor's office. She said they'll have it on Wednesday or Thursday. My next appointment is Friday morning, and she said that if I haven't heard back from them yet, they will definitely have my results for me at my appointment that morning.

Ugh! This waiting game is so frustrating. At least I know I'm not having a baby in the next couple of days, since the doctor can't induce without these results (I found out that you can't legally induce before 39 weeks without a serious medical reason or without proof of fetal lung maturity, which is proved by an amniocentesis). Elective inductions can only occur at 39 weeks.

So that's the status as of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment