Monday, January 12, 2009

Narrowing it down

I thought about starting a blog on this site a few months ago. I had one idea for a topic, but I wasn't too sure about it. Instead, I ended up just creating a private family website (on another site) for our family and friends to read so they know what's going on in our lives, especially for those who live far away. This site was great for us because it had sections for news, pictures, a calendar, family member profiles, etc. I've had that for a few months and our family has enjoyed staying up to date with what's going on in our lives.

Well, I decided to come back to Blogger and try out the blogging world again. For the past few days, I've been trying to come up with a name for this blog. I consulted with a couple of fellow bloggers, and they suggested that I narrow down what I want to blog about. All I could come up with was that it would just be some general ruminations on life. I figured I would just blog about all of the things that happen in our daily life...things involving work, family, friends, marriage, etc. I knew it wouldn't be strictly a family blog, since I had already created a private family website.

This morning as I thought about it a little more, I finally figured out what I want to blog about, and I realized that I've come full circle. Meaning, I came back to the original idea I had for blogging a couple of months ago before I scrapped it and just went with the family website instead.

My husband and I decided back in November to start trying to have a baby, so I stopped taking my birth control pills. Not a lot of people know about it yet, and I feel as if I need a place to let out my feelings and talk about what I'm going through. I'd love to meet new people who are going through the same thing or who have been through them already and have advice to offer.

So, this is the place where I will be chronicling my journey throughout the process of trying to conceive (TTC), and eventually, my experiences with pregnancy and motherhood.

**The TTC process can be TMI sometimes, so consider yourself warned for future posts!**

I will create a TTC vocabulary list to the right side of this page to help you with all of the acronyms and terms in this area.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment