I had my blood work done on Friday afternoon. DH was concerned about getting the results back quickly, so he called the doctor's office and asked them to place a rush on it with the lab. They did, and said it would be Monday or Tuesday before we got the results. There are 2 parts to the test, and one of them had to be sent out from the lab, so there is nothing they could really do about it.
The doctor himself called me personally after 5 pm on Friday because he heard that we were concerned about the possibility of cholestasis. He went over the game plan with me.
-As of now, my next appointment (38 weeks) is scheduled for Friday, 10/30 and I'll have my first internal exam then.
-The nurses will call me with the blood work results as soon as they get them on Monday or Tuesday.
-If the levels are high, they will call me in for my weekly appointment right away, do an internal exam, and as the doctor put it, "See about having a baby this week!". So, I'd be induced within a couple of days. (O.M.G.)
-If the levels aren't high, I'm going to keep my regular appointment on Friday, he'll do the internal exam, and he'll also add an ultrasound to the appointment to check on how the baby is doing. He said then we'd talk about electively inducing me the following week (39 weeks). I didn't get the details on why he would want to discuss this, but we can wait and talk about it at our appointment.
-He told me to keep an eye on the baby's movement. (I'm assuming because of the increased risk of stillbirth associated with cholestasis).
So now we're just waiting to find out the results from my blood work!
Thoughts and prayers to you! What made them think it was chloestasis?
ReplyDelete