I had such a great time at the baby shower my friends threw for me last weekend! I will post pictures soon. If we are FB friends, you can check them out on there.
Here are the details:
Date/Time: Saturday, 9/26/09 at 2:00 pm
Location: My house
Hostesses: Sarah and Tiffany
Colors: Blue, Green, and Brown
Decorations: Streamers, balloons, diaper cake, and handmade sign that said "Welcome Brayden"
Diaper Cake: Decorated with green ribbon with brown polka dots on it, green foliage around it, and a stuffed monkey on top! He looked like he was in the jungle. So cute!
Favors: Small white boxes with M&M's inside
Game prizes: Scented "Body Souffle" lotion.
Games: These were fun -
- Predict Brayden's weight/length/birthday - everyone turned these in to me so I can see who the winner ends up being. I think I'm going to enter them on my Expect Net baby pool game.
- Make as many words as you can from "Brayden Christopher" - the teachers in the room did great on this one!
- Guess how big Mommy is - everyone took turns tearing off a piece of streamer to see how big around they think I am.
- What's in the Bag? - This was great. I've never done it before. There were about 10 brown paper bags and they each had a baby item in them. We passed them around (each person got to hold it for about 10 seconds) and you had to figure out what was inside by shaking and feeling the object from the outside.
- How many diapers in the diaper cake? - everyone had to guess how many diapers were used. I think it was around 70, but I don't want to take it apart until absolutely necessary! It's too cute! :)
- Two kinds of brownies - some with chocolate chips and some with nuts
- Publix chocolate chip cookies
- Bite-size cupcakes - Funfetti cake mix with green icing and brown sprinkles
- Mini cheesecakes - made in cupcake wrappers and had a strawberry on top (YUM! DH and I had these for a week after the shower and we put hot fudge on top of them...best idea EVER!)
- Fruit tray - strawberries, grapes, watermelon, pineapple
- Cheese tray
- Green Punch - made with margarita mix, lime sorbet, and 7up. Delicious!
There were about 20 of us total. It was so wonderful to be surrounded by such a great group of friends. I loved every minute of it. :)
Thank you to all of my wonderful friends who came and celebrated with us, and THANK YOU to Sarah and Tiffany for throwing the shower for me!
Work Shower
My wonderful co-workers threw a baby shower for me on Friday. Here are the details:
Date/Time: Friday, 10/2/09 at Noon
Location: Office Training Room
Hostesses: Hospitality Committee - I saw Wilma, Michelle, & Lakesha setting up
Colors: Blue and Green
Decorations: Streamers, baby shower wall signs
Cake: Vanilla with vanilla frosting, blue and green decorative icing, and blue plastic diaper pins. It was from Sam's Club and it was yummy!
Games: 1) Guess how big Mommy is (see above) 2) Nursery rhyme mix up (names of famous nursery rhymes were re-worded and we had to guess what they were)
It was a really nice time and Brayden received a lot of wonderful gifts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment