Sunday, October 4, 2009

Busy day!

*(This is being back-posted)*

We had SUCH a busy day yesterday! I was completely exhausted when we got home last night. But we had a lot of fun!

First, we went to a Co-Ed Baby Shower for our friends Heather and Michael. DH works with both of them. She is only 2 weeks behind me in pregnancy and they are having a little girl. We took all of our childbirth preparation classes with them and have gotten to know them really well. She and I are excited to be on maternity leave at the same time and have someone to go through the experience with together! Their baby shower was more of a huge party and BBQ than a traditional shower. His family threw it and there were probably 50-60 people there! We hung out, got to know some new people, and ate some delicious food! Unfortunately, we had to leave before Heather started to open her presents, which I was looking forward to watching! :) We were there from 1:00 - 3:30 pm.

Here is a pic of Heather and I - She is 32w2d and I am 34w3d.

We brought clothes with us to change into and freshened up in an empty bedroom and then headed out to a wedding for our friends Aaron and Jennifer. The wedding started at 4:30 pm, but both events we attended were about 30 miles apart. It was an outdoor ceremony and it was very quick (maybe 10 minutes!) because of how HOTTTT it was outside! Woah, buddy. I didn't know if I was going to make it even a minute longer. Afterwards, the guests headed under a tent for the reception for the rest of the evening. The bugs and mosquitos were really bad that night. Luckily, I knew the Wedding Coordinator that she used very well becauase she had been my Coordinator as well (and I've known her for years), so I was able to hit up her staff members for some bug spray multiple times throughout the night! Haha. We had a great evening hanging out with friends, eating more yummy food, and dancing (not that I did too much of that at all). The server near our table kept my glass refilled constantly, and I probably drank my weight in water that evening! Lol. We left around 9 pm, although it wasn't over for another hour, because my feet were so swollen and I really needed to get home and rest. It could have been midnight though for how tired I felt!

All in all, it was a great day and a lot of fun. But the next day I definitely paid for it. I had BH contractions on and off all day, sometimes as close at 20 minutes apart. My whole body was sore. I spent most of the day laying on the couch. I think I'm getting to the point where I shouldn't be pushing it so much anymore! After all, I am 8 months pregnant now!

No comments:

Post a Comment