Wednesday, October 21, 2009

37 Week Update

I have no excuse. I am a blogging slacker. Here is my first weekly update in about 7 weeks.

Wednesday Weekly Update

How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: As of my doctor's appointment last week, I was +29 lbs. Definitely went over my goal weight gain of 20 lbs (since I was already overweight to begin with), but oh well. Don't really care at this point.
Any new maternity clothes? No.
Any new stretch marks? I *might* be getting faint ones at the bottom of my belly. But I really can't tell because they aren't dark pink/purple like the ones everywhere else.
Sleep: The worst thing ever. If it's not getting up every hour to pee, it's acid reflux making me feel like I'm choking on my own vomit. If it's not acid reflux, it's carpal tunnel making my hands and arms go numb. If it's not carpal tunnel, it's waking up with a barking-type cough that is lingering from my cold a couple of weeks ago. Oh yeah, and the latest? Uncontrollable itching from head to toe (but no visible rash). I've had to take Benadryl a few nights just so I don't scratch my skin open. I can't wait for sleep to be comfortable again.
Best moment this week: My mom came to visit last weekend and we got all of the baby clothes up through 3 months washed and folded. We also took all of the gifts out of the packaging and organized the nursery. I feel so much more prepared now!
Movement: I have an alien baby living inside of me. He likes moving from side to side and making my belly look lop-sided, or shoving random limbs out one side or the other. Ouch.
Food cravings: I've been craving Mountain Dew from the fountain at the gas station with crushed ice the past 2 days. Oh, and just crushed ice in general. I always have a glass of ice water full of crushed ice by my side when I'm at home. I can't stop munching on it. Guess that's good since that's about all I'll get once I'm in the hospital! Ooooh, and the grocery store finally has Organic Golden Delicious apples back in stock. YUM!
Gender: Definitely still a boy from our u/s at 34 weeks. ;)
Labor Signs: Oh yes. BH contractions have been getting stronger the past couple of weeks. They started out painless and lasting only 15-20 seconds. They flipping HURT now and last longer than that...maybe 45 seconds? A minute? I have no idea.
Belly Button in or out? Not completely out, but pretty flat. It's amazing how soft that skin is that was hiding inside your belly button! It's like a baby's skin. So smooth.
What I miss: Sleeping for more than an hour at a time. Walking, not waddling. Having a semi-flat stomach that isn't in the way of everyday activities. Having normal-sized feet.
What I am looking forward to: Getting stuff on my to-do list finished.
Weekly Wisdom: Rest when you are this far along. You're gonna need to conserve your energy for labor. Don't feel bad about saying "no" to plans with friends. I'm trying to cut stuff out of our schedule so I can get stuff finished up around the house, spend time with my family, and rest with my poor swollen feet propped up.
Milestones: FULL TERM!
How Big is Baby?
Weeks 37-Delivery (Month 9): Watermelon


At week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.

2 comments:

  1. I need to follow your wisdom. I started out with no plans, and now I keep making them! I am afriad that I am going to stretch myself too thin shortly. But I figure I need to spend time with friends now, cause once Webster arrives, I will be out of commission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just feel like I have too much to do and need to focus on getting stuff done, and then just enjoying alone with with my hubby while we still have it. That's the most important thing to me right now. 21 days is all we have left! Eeeek!

    ReplyDelete