Wednesday, October 14, 2009

36 Week Prenatal Appointment

Nothing too exciting at this appointment. I told the nurse that the swelling in my feet had gotten a lot worse in the past week and none of my shoes (even flip flops!) fit anymore. And I let her know that the BH contractions have gotten longer and having started to become painful, but they are still very irregular.

The nurse did my Group B Strep test and I guess I'll find out the results next week. If I'm positive, they'll give me antibiotics during labor. Then I found out that my doctor was on-call and had to go to L&D, so I wouldn't be able to see him. The nurse said that she could check the baby's heartbeat and measure my belly, but because my feet were so swollen, she would feel more comfortable if I saw another doctor in the practice so they could take a look at them. Sure, why not?

Stats:
Weight: +29 lbs
BP: 102/64
Urine: Looks good
Baby's heartrate: 142 BPM
Fundal height: Forgot to ask

The doctor that I saw said that since my BP is still good and there were no proteins in my urine, that even with the swelling, they still aren't concerned about pre-eclampsia. She said that whenever I'm not at work, I need to have my feet propped up above my heart. Fine with me! That means I'll actually have to force myself to rest instead of run around like crazy until 9 pm every night like I'm always doing.

I found out that the doctor's office won't be getting the H1N1 vaccines in until the beginning of November, and they'll only be receiving 10 doses at first. So, since my due date is 11/11, I probably won't end up getting one. The doctor recommends getting it, but if they don't have them in, there is nothing I can do about it. I already got the regular flu shot, so at least I'm protected from that. I figure there is only 3 weeks left of this pregnancy and I'll just do my best to stay healthy until delivery!

Oh yeah, and I'll try to post a pic of my lovely swollen feet sometime soon for your viewing pleasure. ;)

That's about it.

2 comments:

  1. I was starting to stress myself out about the H1N1 vaccine, until yesterday. The only place I know of with the shot (not the mist) also won't have them until "the first week of Nov or so" and my Drs have been pretty clear that they really think we should get it. I started freaking out that I wouldn't be able to get it before Webster arrives. Then I realized that it doesn't matter. I'll just not worry about it, and after we have the baby, I'll just go get the mist, and he'll be protected through my breastmilk! Problem solved! Now, if I find somewhere to get it between now and delivery, I will. But otherwise, I have a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the regular flu shot, and even though the Dr. recommended the H1N1 vaccine as well, I'm not going to worry about it. If they don't have it, there's nothing I can do. I figure I can make it through another 3 weeks without getting it, if I've already survived my stepson having it! I always get shots because they are an inactive virus, vs. the mist, which is live virus. Are you nervous about that at all? I would imagine that they wouldn't let you get the active virus if you're pregnant, but I don't know.

    ReplyDelete