Thursday, October 8, 2009

AW: It's my birthday!

Yep, I'm going to be a total AW here, but who cares...it's my birthday! I'm 27 today. It's still early, so not much to post yet, but I'll come back and update throughout the day.


I usually take SS to school in the morning (get up at 6:30 am and leave by 7:15 am), but today I asked DH if he would so I could sleep in...you know, as a gift, "for my birthday". Hehe. He couldn't say no to that! So I got to start the day off by sleeping in. But I couldn't fall asleep between 6 and 8 am. I was so restless. I guess because I'm used to being up at that time! Then I passed out at 8 am and was out cold until 10 am! Ooops! Didn't mean to go into work THAT late! Oh well. I put on the dress I wore for my baby shower because I felt like looking cute today and got to work around 11 am. I'm such a slacker. But who cares...it's my birthday! :)

35w1d

Well, nobody at work remembered that it was my birthday. :( It stinks, because I have EVERYONE'S b-days in my Outlook Calendar, even if they are someone I never talk to, and I always send out a "Happy Birthday" email to my co-workers. My supervisor and the 1 other co-worker who has the same job title as me were both out of the office, so I know that's the main reason. If they were here, they definitely would have known and then I'm sure others would have overheard. The office also usually does a group b-day card, but they also usually give them a little late so everyone has a chance to sign them, so I haven't gotten one yet. Another thing that kind of stunk today was that I didn't have any lunch plans! I called a couple of people, but they were busy, so I just ended up picking up Subway and eating it at my desk. :(

On the brighter side, I got a lot of texts, emails, and comments on my Facebook profile. And I did get phone calls from my mom, sister, grandma, and cousin, most of them singing our family's signature "Happy Birthday" song, which involves made up lyrics that they try their best to rhyme. It's hilarious. It's always one of the highlights of the birthdays in our family. :)

After work, I picked SS up from school and ran to Toys 'R Us to do some baby shopping with a gift card I had. Then DH, SS, and I went to Moe's for my bday dinner because I had a coupon for a free entree for my birthday! We were going to get my free Coldstone ice cream afterwards for dessert, but I was so full that I didn't have room. We came home and DH had balloons up and presents waiting for me. I had been wanting an exercise ball to sit on during labor, and DH got me one that came with a DVD and exercise program, so I'll be using that after Brayden arrives! He also got me the New Moon calendar for next year (I have the Twilight one up right now). SS got me a bag of caramel-filled Ghiradelli chocolates. Then we put SS to bed and watched 2 episodes of Season 2 of True Blood from HBO On Demand. It's our newest TV addiction. ;)

Tomorrow night, DH is going to make a nice, romantic dinner for the two of us because SS will be back at his mom's house. We're going to have tilapia, brown rice, and fresh green beans. Yum! And he's making a yellow cake with chocolate fudge icing for me. Our friends Tiffany and Elliott are coming over for dessert and to watch The Office wedding and Community from tonight that we DVR'd. Should be fun! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Mine is this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! You are so cute pregg!!! I found you at TopBabyBlogs . 35 weeks!!! You are almost there. I had my first born at 37! :)
    xoxo
    Priscila
    littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete