I had my 31 week appointment this afternoon. Here are the stats:
-Received a prescription for Pepcid for my heartburn/acid reflux.
-Received a diagnosis of pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel syndrome because of the numbness/stiffness/soreness in my hands, wrists, and forearms. Hooray.
Weight: +22 lbs
BP: 98/60
Urine: Looks good (Who would have thought that having good looking urine was so exciting?)
Fetal heart rate: 145 BPM
Height of fundus: 35 cm - What the heck??????
Yeah, so now I'm measuring 4 WEEKS AHEAD!!!
Here is my track record so far:
At 24 weeks, measured 26 cm = +2 (still within normal range)
At 28 weeks, measured 31 cm = +3 (doctor wants to keep an eye on it to see if growth is consistent)
At 31 weeks, measured 35 cm = +4 (WOAH! Going to check out the baby's weight at my upcoming u/s at 34 weeks to see if he's large or if there is too much amniotic fluid).
To recap - I already had an u/s scheduled for 34 weeks (3 weeks from now) to check the location of my placenta. At my 19 week u/s they discovered that it was lying low and close to my cervix and was almost considered marginal placenta previa. If the placenta covers the cervix, a C-section is required for delivery. The doctor was fairly confident that it would move upwards as my uterus grew because that's usually what happens. So the u/s was already scheduled for that purpose.
But now, since my uterus is measuring large, the doctor needs to see what's going on. They'll be doing a growth scan to see if I'm having a huge baby or if I have too much amniotic fluid. He didn't give me any details or seem too worried, but I've been Googling it now, and if it's a fluid issue, there could be something wrong with the baby and I'm freaking out! I can handle if he's just big and I need to be induced or have a C-section. It's not the ideal situation, but I'll manage. But I am so worried that there is something wrong with him now! I would think they would have been able to tell that at my 19 week ultrasound when they checked all of his anatomy and he looked healthy. His heartbeat is always great and he moves likes crazy. Just being a paranoid mommy now. Siiigh. I guess I'll know more in 3 weeks!
The other thing I can't figure out is how I'm measuring so far ahead, or how Brayden might be a large baby, when my weight gain is within the normal range. I'm up 22 lbs at 31 weeks (and actually, as I write this, I'm 32 weeks and the weight gain is the same). According to what I've read, a gain of 22-27 lbs is normal at this point, so I'm even on the low end of normal! I could understand if I'd gained like 40 lbs by now if my uterus was measuring ahead, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Also, I passed my gestational diabetes test. My sugars were at 109, and the cut-off was 140.
Oh, and if I end up having it, the fluid issue is called "hydramnios".
Yikes! Keep us posted on the hydramnios!
ReplyDeleteSamantha- I know its hard not to worry. I am 31 weeks and 4 days and my belly is measuring 38 weeks. they did the growth scan and the baby is big (already 5 lbs) and I have too much fluid. the average range is 10-20 and I was at 24. I was diagnosed with gestaional diabetes and am now on a great diet plan which is keeping the sugar levels in check, but the baby is still large. BUT, they ruled out anything being wrong with the baby, I will be hoping it is the same for you and Brayden. Basically they are just keeping an on everything and I am having Non- Stress tests (NSTs) 2x a week. I am seeing a Maternal-fetal Specialist and he said sometimes it "just happnes." But, it does not always mean soemthing is wrong with the baby. So try not to worry too much! Good luck to you and keep us posted!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your feedback. Another strange thing is that I passed my GD test with a 109 (cut-off 140). I will keep everyone posted!
ReplyDelete