Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shopping for Brayden

DH and I made our first "boy" purchases this weekend! We had a few gender neutral clothing items that were bought for us from friends and family when we found out we were expecting, but we didn't have anything for a boy since we found out what we're having.

I'd gotten emails about the huge sales going on for the Carter's clothing brand right now (items as low at $3.99 each!), so DH and I went to Toys 'R Us on Sunday afternoon to see what they had. I had another $5 off a $25 purchase coupon for TRU/BRU and I also had a Carter's coupon for 20% off a purchase of $40 or more, which would have been $8 off.

They had 4 or 5 discount racks of baby clothing that were already marked down, plus were taking an additional 20% off at the register! We loaded up on all of the cute boy items we could find that were anywhere from 0-12 months. Well, at the register, the cashier couldn't get the Carter's coupon to work and called a manager over. I was told that I couldn't use the Carter's coupon because it was only good for a Carter's store. I didn't realize that. We don't have one of those. I told her that the website says that Carter's is sold at various locations like TRU, BRU, Kohl's Target, etc. She finally relented and pulled a coupon off of a mailer that was for $10 off a $50 purchase! That was even more than the $8 savings I was expecting from the Carter's coupon.

We ended up spending about $32. When we got home, I added up all of the original prices for the items that were on the tags. Original total before markdowns, discounts, and coupons? Would have been $82!!!!!!! We got $50 free!!!!!!!

I love sales. What a great day! :)

Pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Know you know what I was going through! It's so hard to resist! I'm glad you had fun shopping for Brayden, and great job on the deals!

    ReplyDelete