
After I got home from BRU and showed him both of the collections online, he absolutely LOVED the monkey collection. I was so surprised! Usually he isn't that into this sort of thing. Even when I texted him pictures of both sets while I was in the store, he was like, "Whichever you like the best is fine with me."
We narrowed it down to the original choice (Banana Fish Confetti Boy from Target) and the Kenneth Brown Monkey Vine collection from BRU right away. DH wasn't a big fan of the Bubbles collection from BRU, and after looking at it more, I realized it was just too "themey" for me. I emailed a bunch of friends with the links for the original choice and the new choice and asked for their input. Everyone liked the monkey set better! I was actually pretty surprised that everyone liked the same one.
Since the only thing that I didn't like about it was that there was too much green in it, we decided that we were going to balance out the colors by painting the walls blue and getting a blue rug. I think that will help a lot. Plus, the bedding set comes with a green fitted sheet, but the additional crib sheets that are available for purchase are blue, so I registered for 2 of those. I think that will definitely help.
We are registering for these items in the collection:
-Blanket

We aren't registering for the diaper stacker (just going to use canvas bins instead) or the lamp. I didn't really like the lamp that goes with the set. We're just going to find a basic lamp with a blue lampshade that matches the bedding color.
The extra valance is to cover up a shelving area that we have in the nursery. There is no closet in the bedroom, but there is a built-in desk unit with shelving because the room is actually an office. We're using the desk for a changing table, and I'm going to put store bins on the bottom shelf to organize all of the baby items. The very top shelf is going to be used for storage (boxes of diapers, wipes, etc), so we're going to put a tension rod up by the ceiling and hang an extra valance to cover up all of those items. I think it will make the area look really nice!

We aren't registering for the diaper stacker (just going to use canvas bins instead) or the lamp. I didn't really like the lamp that goes with the set. We're just going to find a basic lamp with a blue lampshade that matches the bedding color.
The extra valance is to cover up a shelving area that we have in the nursery. There is no closet in the bedroom, but there is a built-in desk unit with shelving because the room is actually an office. We're using the desk for a changing table, and I'm going to put store bins on the bottom shelf to organize all of the baby items. The very top shelf is going to be used for storage (boxes of diapers, wipes, etc), so we're going to put a tension rod up by the ceiling and hang an extra valance to cover up all of those items. I think it will make the area look really nice!
I forgot to mention one of the best parts about this collection...it comes with paint color cards and ideas on decorating the nursery! That means we don't have to go choose paint sample cards from Home Depot or Lowe's and spend hours pouring over them, trying to decide on a color! (We are incredibly indecisive when it comes to that sort of thing, if you couldn't tell already! Ha!) It will have the paint sample cards, and we'll just take them to the store and ask them to match it. Boom, done!
We're going to St. Pete this weekend for my younger brother's birthday party, so we're going to stop into the Babies 'R Us down there and buy the bedding set! That way we don't have to pay for shipping, plus BRU is having a sale right now - 15% off all crib bedding! It should save us about $20. We're going to purchase one of the valances and the wall art/wall stickers if they have them in stock too. I want to go ahead and get all of the decorative pieces right now. Then the weekend after, we're going to start painting!
I'm ready to start decorating this room!







Wow, I love that it comes with paint sample cards! Makes it sooo easy!!
ReplyDelete