Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I <3 Babies 'R Us!

Wow......I love this store! My friend Sarah and I drove down to Brandon on Sunday, 6/28, so that I could register there. She has 2 kids of her own and she has been so incredibly helpful with all of her advice about things that work or don't work, things that are a must-have or I don't really need, and which brands she prefers. I am so lucky she's been helping me with my registries!

I had never been to a Babies 'R Us store before, since we only have a Toys 'R Us in our town. It was amazing! I knew it would be huge, but walking in the doors was just a huge shock. I usually just go to Target or Toys 'R Us where there are only a few aisles of baby items. This place had entire aisles devoted to each particular item! Stroller aisle, carseat aisle, playyard aisle, bouncy seat aisle, swing aisle, diaper bag aisle...it just kept going! I was in complete heaven. Although I had a lot of the big items already picked out, I had done so over the internet, so it was really great to be able to see them in person and test them out so that I could confirm that these were really the items that I wanted. I got to push around the stroller that I've chosen and carry the carseat, so I know now that they will definitely work for me. I saw the playyard in person and fell completely in love with it (I just love the Graco Utopia pattern so much!). I tried on slings, baby carriers, and diaper bags. It was just so much fun! Plus, of course, I still added a bunch of things to the registry. :)

The biggest excitement of the day was completely unexpected. I went in thinking that I already had my crib bedding chosen (Banana Fish Confetti Boy from Target). Then I found a couple of sets there that I thought were just adorable! That threw me for a loop.

Here they are:



And here is the other one:



So, I left the store completely confused about my bedding choice! I knew that I wanted blue and green, and both of these, plus my original choice, fit that category. I know, I know, I've said that I'm not one for baby themes. But these were just soooooo cute!

What I loved about the Bubbles collection were the COLORS! Teal/aqua is just my favorite color ever. The colors were so bright and vibrant. The drawback was that the theme was just everywhere. It was a little bit of an overload for me.

What I loved about the Monkey Vine collection was the simplicity. The main theme is the green and blue colors, and the monkey face and tail are just the small details that were added here and there. One drawback was that the primary color was mostly green, and I wanted more blue in the set.

So, now I'm wondering, do I go with either of these or my first choice?

1 comment: