Last Thursday, July 2nd, I took a pregnancy/post-pregnancy water exercise class at the gym I belong to. It was called Mothers in Motion. They offer it every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 6:30 - 7:30 pm, and every Saturday morning from 10:30 - 11:30 am. We have Bible study on Tuesday nights, and Saturday is my sleep-in day, but I'm definitely planning on attending every Thursday night from now on!
The instructor was really friendly and gave me some special instructions since it was my first time in the class. The other ladies in the class were all very friendly and helpful too. There were about 8 women in the class, and surprisingly, only about half were pregnant! It was just such a great, low-impact exercise that a lot of women choose to take the class just for general weight loss.
At the beginning of class, we just walked the length of the pool to warm up. Then we did various exercises using foam water dumbells, kick boards, and fun noodles. At the end of the class, we went into the warm water pool and did some stretching and relaxation. It was more of a workout than I was expecting! I really enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment