Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday Weekly Update - Week 20

How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up another pound from last week. Total weight gain: +10 lbs.
Any new maternity clothes? No.
Any new stretch marks? The same.
Sleep: Ugh! When I go to bed, I am so incredibly sore from just the normal moving around I do all day. Everything hurts (my back, my feet, my hips). And when I wake up throughout the night (and in the morning) my hips are KILLING me! Even when I sleep with pillows between my legs.
Best moment this week: LOTS! Pregnancy related #1 - Cooling off from the 100 degree weather in the backyard in the inflatable mini pool that DH bought this past weekend. Being pregnant during the summer in FL is going to be unbearable! Pregnancy related #2 - Getting the dates set for both of my baby showers! Non-pregnancy related - Meeting Francesca Battistelli, getting her autograph and taking a picture with her, and hearing her perform my 2 favorite songs LIVE! ("I'm Letting Go" and "Free to Be Me") during The Joy FM's Summer Cruise 4. Oh, and Carmen remembering Nicole and I from all of the events we've met her at and noticing my baby bump!
Movement: Feeling him almost everyday now! I love it. :)
Food cravings: Did you see my mobile blogging post from last Friday? Ridiculous. I had TGI Friday's fried mozzarella sticks (although I REALLY wanted the fried mac & cheese but they stopped making it), a wild berry lemonade slushie, and a chocolate chip cookie dough brownie sundae from Ben & Jerry's.
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In, but getting wider. I just placed an order with Maternity Piercings so I can switch out my belly jewelry to something that is more flexible and comfortable.
What I miss: My whole body not being sore! I've definitely entered the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy, and I know this is just the beginning of it.
What I am looking forward to: Driving to Tampa this Sunday with Sarah to register at BRU. I've never been to one before and I am so excited!
Weekly Wisdom: This one is directed at myself. "Samantha, why haven't you been exercising this entire time? You would feel so much better if you did. Yeah, you were sick, but you're feeling better now, so get your butt off the couch and go to the freaking gym!" Rant over. BTW - I found a class at the gym called "Mothers in Motion" that is a water exercise class for mommies-to-be and new mommies! I'm going to check it out this Thursday night at 6:30. I'll let you know how it goes!
Milestones: Reaching the halfway point! I'm 20 weeks today. Hooray! I can't believe I'm in the "20's" now.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh I'm so jealous you got to meet Francesca Battistelli! :)

    I went into BRU for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I was amazed...they have everything they sell (cribs, dressers, changing tables, swings, bouncers, strollers, etc.) all put together and on display and then they have all there crib bedding sets displayed IN the cribs so you can see how it looks. It was really neat...then I found the clearance rack of baby clothes and went nuts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a list of the stuff you KNOW you want to register for before you go! Otherwise, you'll be bombarded with all your choices, and you'll forget everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice! I need to go over the registry checklist they give you and mark off what I've already registered for and what I still need to look at b/c I'm totally losing track! I've been to Target twice to register already and have been playing online with both that and the BRU registry. I've got all of the big stuff picked out already (furniture, bedding, stroller, carseat, swing, bouncy seat, highchair, playpen, playmat, and exersaucer). I should do a post with links and pics!

    ReplyDelete