Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We're doing fine!

First of all, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! They are very much appreciated and the Lord heard them and answered them! Praise God!

I went home right after I posted that blog entry and rested for an hour before my appointment. I heard the heartbeat on my home doppler, which was very reassuring, but I still wanted the Dr. to check to make sure there wasn't anything wrong. The bleeding had slowed down and turned to brown with mucus mixed in by then.

When I got to the doctor's office, I gave a urine sample, which they said looked fine (no blood in it, which I didn't expect, because I could tell the bleeding was coming from my vag), but they'll send it out for a culture so I guess they'll call me if I have a UTI or something. He listened to the heartbeat and said it was very strong, and we heard some thuds and bumps and he said the baby was very active and that was it moving around! That was really cool. He did an internal exam and said my cervix was closed and was still hard, so no problems there. He said my uterus felt like it was growing appropriately too. He did some cervical cultures and looked at them under the microscope right away to check for any yeast/bacterial infections and that came up negative. So, he said everything was fine!

He just explained how the growth of the placenta is a very vascular process with a lot of increased blood flow, and sometimes there is a little leak in a blood vessel and it comes out vaginally, but nothing to worry about. He said the cramping can happen when the uterus is irritated by that leak from the blood vessel. They were glad I came in to be checked though.

I still go back for my regular monthly check-up next week. He didn't tell me to rest or anything, but I went back home and laid down on the couch for the rest of the afternoon just to be safe, and the bleeding completely stopped by then. I'm still feeling some cramping today, but no bleeding.

Thank you for your prayers!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear this! My mom and I were so worried about you and babyV. I hope everything stays calm from here on out! One scary day is plenty I think! (Hugs!!)

    ReplyDelete