Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How Big is Baby? - Week 13

Week 13: Peach

Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)

Welcome to the blissful second trimester, widely recognized as pregnancy's most comfortable and enjoyable. (Yes, it's a relative distinction.) Don't panic if you start noticing some lovely vaginal discharge. It's called leucorrhea and is totally normal. Though it might mess up your panties, it's essential in protecting your birth canal from infection.

**5/14/09: Sorry, no Wednesday Weekly Update survey for Week 13. I completely forgot to do it, and I can't think back that far. I'll get last week and this week mixed up! And I forgot to take a picture of my belly, until I was like 13 1/2 weeks along, which will probably be really similar to my 14 week picture (that I still need to take...eek!). In my defense, I really planned to, and I even went to Publix to buy a peach, but they were out of season!

No comments:

Post a Comment