I have to tell you about the delicious concoction that I came up with! I've been trying to perfect my smoothie recipe, and I just can't seem to get it right. I always have strawberries and raspberries in them because those are my favorite fruits. Every once in awhile a banana gets thrown in the blender too. Sometimes I put milk or yogurt in (or both), and sometimes I add vanilla protein powder to it, but I haven't quite figured out the right amounts so that it tastes good. I always get a little grossed out by it (and this happened before I was pregnant too).
Well, I had an idea. I was wondering if it would taste better with fruit juice instead of milk. Yeah, it would be more of a frozen slushie than a smoothie, but oh well! I really love Tropicana Light Lemonade. It has no sugar, and only 5 calories, and tastes just as good as the regular version. (Note - I think it tastes way better from the 2 liter bottle than from the cans though.) So I added a little over a cup of that (maybe one and 1/4 cups), plus a cup of frozen strawberries, and about half a cup of raspberries. It turned out great! It's like a frozen strawberry/raspberry lemonade. And I LOVE frozen lemonades. I get them wherever I go. I let my SS try some of it, and he nearly hijacked it from me. haha. It's my new favorite drink. You should try it!
No comments:
Post a Comment