What is it, you ask?

The house salad from Texas Roadhouse with their Italian Vinaigrette dressing (minus the hard-boiled eggs - yuck). OMG! It's heaven! I have always loved this salad. Last night, we had dinner plans with friends and I just really wanted to go there and have their salad (well, not just that...I love their steak and bread too!). DH was almost finished with his, and I'm sure he was going to keep eating it, but he had a few bites left, and I was like, "Umm, are you going to finish that?". The sweetie that he is, he let me have the last couple of bites. Our friends that were out with us joked with DH, "Now that she's pregnant, your food is not your own anymore!". Haha.
So tonight, DH took SS out to dinner to get BBQ after going to some drag car races and I was planning on eating my leftover steak from dinner last night. But that got me to thinking...hmm...maybe I should order carry-out from TR and get that salad again! Yum! So I ordered a double portion. I poured it out of the container and it wouldn't even fit in a regular bowl. I had to put it in our vegetable bowl that came with our dinnerware set that we got for our wedding. LOL. It was the biggest salad ever. (Note - the picture above is not my salad. It's just something I found on Google images. That's actually a regular portion size!) Those first few bites were indescribable! And I ate the whole darn thing. I was so full afterwards that I couldn't even eat the leftover steak and bread! But now, I'm not feeling so great. Ugh. Maybe too much of a good thing...isn't a good thing after all?
Mmm I love Texas Roadhouse.
ReplyDeleteI've never had their salads but love their bread + butter :)
I could go there and eat just the bread and butter...and then die happy.
ReplyDeleteMmm...that reminds me. I have the leftover bread and butter in the refrigerator that I was too sick to eat last night after I stuffed myself full of salad. That sounds like a delicious breakfast this morning! :)
ReplyDeleteI was a salad-o-holic before I got pregnant. I BARELY ate salads when I was pregnant. Now that I'm 3 months PP, I love salads again. So funny how hormones can make you not like certain foods you used to love.
ReplyDelete