I just spent 2 hours in Books-a-Million, pouring over pregnancy journals and organizers, trying to find the perfect one. Can we say, obsessed much? Oh yeah, not to mention that I was also looking through all of the pregnancy books for fathers-to-be to try and find one that DH will actually read. Oh wait, and then the bargain book section caught my eye with cardboard baby books on sale. (I'm sort of obsessed with children's books because of my job as a Parent Educator). They were only $2-4 each. I did get great deals because of my 10% off BAM membership card. And I had a $10 off coupon. So I didn't spend quite as much as I could have. But it was still bad.
Here is what I got for me:
- My Pregnancy Journal: Celebrating the Most Memorable Nine Months of Your Life! by Elizabeth & Alex Lluch (What I love about this one is that it's more like a keepsake scrapbook. I can picture putting in on a bookshelf next to a Baby's First Year scrapbook)
- The What to Expect Pregnancy Journal & Organizer by Heidi Murkoff with Sharon Mazel (This has a lot of great checklists and lists to keep me on track with everything!)
- She's Having a Baby - And I'm Having a Breakdown by James Douglas Barron (Funny book, yet geared toward encouraging Dads to be sympathetic towards the PG woman in their life - and one I think DH will actually read.)
And here is what I got for the baby:
- Chimp and Zee's Noisy Book by Catherine and Laurence Anholt (Babies love books that have pictures that you can make sounds to!)
- Spot's Little Book of Fun At the Beach by Eric Hill (I love Spot books, and it's about the beach and we live in FL!)
- Wee Sing: The Hokey Pokey by Pamela Conn Beall and Susan Hagen Nipp and Hala Wittwer (Songs are always great.)
- Little Cloud by Eric Carle (I love love love Eric Carle books!)
- Cookie's Week by Cindy Ward and Tomie dePaola (We have a cat and I thought this was just so adorable!)
- Who's on Board? by Salina Yoon (Animal sounds - always a big hit)
- Can You? Play Like a Kitten (a Copy Me Board Book) by Bonnie Bader and Kate Ritchey (Again, another cat book. Plus it has actions to copy, which is always fun)
I'm planning on hitting up the dollar section of Target every time I visit to buy their board books too. I hope to have a good collection by the time Baby V is here!
Here are the books that I already had:
- What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff (A classic! I bought this last year when my cousin found out she was pregnant because I wanted to start learning about everything.)
- What to Eat When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff (This is an old book - it has since been revised and retitled "What to Expect: Eating Well When You're Expecting", but I found this at a consignment shop and picked it up for $2)
- The Name Book by Dorothy Astoria (It has spiritual connotations for names along with a Bible verse to bless your baby with! I wanted to buy this about a month ago, but made myself wait until I got my BFP. So I just bought it this week.)
- Your Pregnancy Week by Week by Glade B. Curtis and Judith Schuler
- Pregnancy To-Do's by Sara Lorimer and Gina Triplett (I love lists!)
- Countdown to My Birth calendar by Julie B. Carr (It tells you what is developing everyday from the baby's perspective.)
- Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy
- The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine
- Pregnancy Do's and Don'ts by Elisabeth A. Aron


I liked Belly Laughs. Sooo funny!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love Your Pregnancy Week by Week, haven't bought it but I always flip through it when I'm at the book store and read about the week I'm in. Also there is one book (idk what its called that actually goes by the DAY, I would LOVE to get that one.)
Oh and I am in LOVE with those cardboard baby books! I have tons of them because Braxton tears up regular books! :D
You got me in the mood to go book shopping!!
Was it this?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.booksamillion.com/product/9780811846974?id=4363723863068
It's a PG journal, but it has info for every single day. I was tempted to get it, but I wanted a journal that had a lot of checklists and stuff like that in it, so I got the What to Expect journal. Plus I just LOVED the one that was like a scrapbook and thought it would be such an adorable keepsake. But I was really torn and wanted that one too.
No, thats not it. Next time I'm at Hastings I'll look for it and let you know what its called. It's not really a journal, just tells you how baby develops each day and has lots of pictures & stuff :)
ReplyDeleteI have an awesome daily one... "The Pregnancy Journal" by A. Christine Harris. It goes day by day, with a spot you can write the date in each day. It has a few lines for you to write what you're feeling, etc.... but I like that each day it says what's happening with the baby, and with mommy.
ReplyDeleteA good book for dad's is Dads Pregnant Too. I bought my hubby that while I was pregnant and he loved it.
ReplyDeletePregnancy Week By Week is good too. I read that one more than What to Expect.
Kristin - Let me know what that other book is! I'm interested. :)
ReplyDeleteTiffany - The Pregnancy Journal is the one that I linked to. I liked that it had info for each day of development, but it didn't have space to write in each day, only about once a week.
MrsYam - Thanks for the suggestion on the dad's book. I looked it over, but DH didn't like it because it looked too educational for him! LOL. I'm seriously considering getting the Week by Week book since What to Expect only has monthly info.