Monday, March 2, 2009

BFP!!!!!!!!!!

My BFP Story:
OMG!!!!!!! I got my BFP this morning!!!!!!! I am still in complete shock. I woke up to temp as usual and my temp was really high, so I decided to go ahead and test a day before my proposed test date. I didn't even have my glasses on and was just sitting there in the bathroom, waiting for the test to finish, half-asleep and not really thinking I'd see anything. I looked down at my Dollar Tree cheapie HPT and there it was...a second pink line! There was no mistaking it. It was definitely there. I had saved my FMU in a cup because the Dollar Tree tests use a dropper, so I hurried up and dipped a FRER into my FMU. Sure enough, a nice dark pink line showed up, even darker than the Dollar Tree test! I couldn't believe it! I tried to go back to sleep since it was only 6 am, but of course, I couldn't. I told DH I was getting up to do my Bible reading. I actually did try, but I just couldn't concentrate. I texted my cousin and my best friend with the pics of the HPT's. I've always known that I would tell them right away, even before DH. They were super excited for me. I took pictures on my camera and uploaded them onto the computer, and then onto photobucket, so I could post them in my signature on FF for all of the ladies in my FF buddy group to see.

Telling DH:
Around 8 am, I went back in the bedroom and DH was waking up. I had this great way of telling him all planned out. I ordered these customized fortune cookies that said "A new addition to the family is on it's way" like 3 months ago. I got them chocolate covered too! (YUM!) We always get fortune cookies with our Chinese food and we always read our fortunes to each other. I planned to get Chinese food for dinner and tell him that I found these chocolate covered fortune cookies for dessert instead of the ones from the Chinese place. I didn't think he'd be suspicious because I had actually found some like that before at Walmart one year and we had them for dessert on Valentine's Day. (They had all of these sweet love fortunes in them). So I figured that he'd read his and then I'd read mine, and they'd be the same, and I'd wait for him to figure it out. But we have my SS this week, and I really wanted to tell DH when we were alone. Plus, I knew that we'd want to wait until I was a little farther along to tell my SS. So the only night SS wouldn't be home for dinner this week is Wednesday because he has church, and I just couldn't wait that long! I tested at 6 am and only made it until 8 am when DH woke up! He was in the closet getting clothes out and I just knew I had to tell him. I was like, "Hunny?", and he was like, "Yeah?" with his back turned. I waited for him to turn around, and he said "What?" I just blurted out, "I'm pregnant!!!". He was like, "Oh yeah? Are you sure?". He was still totally half asleep. It didn't really sink in for a few minutes. I was like, "Do you want to see?". And he said "Yeah". Then I showed him the test and he hugged me and said congratulations. LOL. I'm like, "To you too!". Ha Ha.

I told him that I'd had this whole great way to tell him planned out and asked if he wanted to know, and he said yes, so I told him about it. I was totally bummed that I couldn't wait and I told him in such an uncreative way. He said that he didn't mind, and he was glad that he knew today instead of waiting until Wednesday. So we decided that we're going to use the fortune cookies to tell our parents. But he wants to wait until May when we visit our families for Mother's Day! It's going to kill me to wait that long! I don't know if I can hold out. We'll see if he changes his mind. I think we'll wait to tell SS until we see the heartbeat. I was worried about the rides that I went on at the carnival on Saturday and asked DH what he thought. SS was really nervous about riding them while we were there and refused to ride most of them, so DH said, "Well, maybe this kid won't be so afraid of carnival rides!". haha.

More Details:
I called the doctor about an hour later. I don't waste a minute! lol. My first appointment is scheduled for 3/23 at 9 am! I'll be 6 weeks and 5 days. The doctor's office said that they don't see patients until they are 6 weeks along. I am going to see an OB nurse and they will do bloodwork, labs, a complete medical history, run my insurance and come up with a payment plan, and go over pregnancy do's/don'ts. Then they'll schedule my first exam with the OBGYN for a couple of weeks later. Today I am 3w5d pregnant! I'll be 4 weeks on Wednesday, and each Wednesday my week will switch.

I pulled out my copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and started reading it. I bought this book that I really wanted to buy about a month ago but told myself I would wait until I got my BFP. It's called "The Name Book" and not only does it have the origins and literal meanings behind names, but it also has the spiritual meanings behind them and a Bible verse to accompany them. I looked for a pregnancy book for fathers for DH but I couldn't decide on one.

Symptoms:
-My allergies are still bothering me and I've been breathing with my mouth open, so I don't know how that is affecting my temps.
-My breasts are sore on the outside, but no worse than they are before AF comes.
-I continue to feel those twinges in my lower left abdomen that feel like O-pains. Keep burrowing in there baby!
-Abundant creamy CM.
-I felt nauseated in the evening after work. I had to lay down for a few minutes on the couch. DH swears that it's my imagination, but I know what feeling sick to my stomach feels like! It wasn't horrible. I wasn't about to run to the bathroom to throw up or anything. And I was definitely still able to eat dinner. It was just this faint queasy feeling that wouldn't go away. I've read in books and on pregnancy websites that m/s usually starts around 6 weeks, but can happen earlier for some women. And those BFP's were pretty dark, so it could be true!

Who I've told:
My cousin Shannon
My BFF Kristen
Kelly in OH (I let Shannon tell her because I knew she would burst keeping it a secret from the rest of the family!)
Brittany in OH (She was stalking my chart online)
Kathryn from work
Megan from work
The FF ladies
Going to tell our Bible Study group on Wednesday night

What I did this cycle:
-Took EPO (1500-3000 mg per day) from day after AF ended through confirmed O date to increase EWCM
-Used OPK's starting at CD9 through CD14
-Got + OPK on CD13
-BD'd on CD8, 10, 11, 12, & 14. O'd on CD14, so BD timing was: O-3, O-2, and O day
-Used Pre-Seed while BDing on CD12 & CD14 (O-2 and O day)

No comments:

Post a Comment