Here is my beautiful digi pic! I'm 4 weeks today! I'm already feeling so nervous about this pregnancy. I really hope it sticks. I can't wait for the first appointment and then the first exam just to make sure that everything is okay. I'm going to be a nervous wreck during this first trimester. Please keep me in prayer that I have a healthy baby growing inside and that everything is fine! I called the doctor's office today to find out if I could come in before my appointment to get blood drawn to have my beta levels tested. They said that they'll do that at the first appointment and don't see patients before 6 weeks. I asked when I would have my first u/s after that appointment. She said that after that appointment, they would schedule my first exam with the OBGYN for a week or two later, but my only u/s would be at 20 weeks (the BIG ultrasound where they determine the sex of the baby) because insurance only covers one. My doctor did say that he wanted to do an u/s early to check my cervix because there is the possibility that I'll need a cerclage because of my previous LEEP procedures. I told the nurse this, and she said the doctor would determine that later, but that still, insurance usually only covers 1 u/s. I wonder if I'm going to have to pay for the additional one, or if it will be covered because it's medically necessary? I really hope I get to have it sometime between 7-10 weeks. It seems as if everyone on the FF message boards get to see/hear the heartbeat around that time and I just can't wait that long!
Symptoms:
-Allergies still bothering me, but temp went up higher than yesterday
-Felt nauseated when I waited too long to eat lunch (but then again, this always happens to me!). Felt sick in the evening after 5 pm.
-Twinges in my abdomen. Some cramping after doing cardio at the gym, but it went away shortly after.
-PG brain
-Hungry again at 10 pm
-Sensitive to smells - food in the garbage can grossed me out.
PG Brain:
I was looking for the plastic forks in a cabinet at work. My co-workers told me specifically where to look. I looked. I didn't see them. One of them comes over and I'm thinking, "If they find these and I couldn't...", which they proceed to do. They were right in front of my face.
Today's count:
Baby V: 1
Mommy: 0
I'm already checking out daycares. Can you believe that? Before you start thinking I'm crazy, let me explain. It's because we already know where we want our baby to go. I work for an organization that is involved with childcare centers in our county. In a previous position I held, I visited these centers and monitored and evaluated their programs. Let's just say, most of them (and yes, I mean most) aren't all that great. There are seriously only a handful that I would even consider sending my child to. DH and I both really want to send our children to the home daycare that SS went to from birth through pre-K. That's where SS's half-brother (from his mom's house) currently attends. I know the provider and some of her family through church involvement and she is a wonderful lady. And because she's such a wonderful lady and has one of the few great daycares in this town, she is usually full and has a waiting list. When I told SS's mom last night that we were PG, her first question was, "Have you called Diane?". I hadn't even thought of it! We had always joked that as soon as we found out we were PG, we would need to get on the waiting list. Well, apparently, it's not a joke! I called today and spoke with her, and she is so excited for us. She really wants to give us a spot in her program, but she only has room for 4 babies due to ratio restrictions. She is currently full and will have 1 opening in December, but there is 1 mom ahead of me on the list for that spot. That mom is still undecided, but she has first choice because she called about it before me. The provider put me on the list and said that she really hopes she is able to have a spot for us. We will just have to wait and see. And pray! Anything can change in the next year. People could move, decide they want to stay home with their baby, or switch providers. I'm trusting that God will work this out for us!
Who I've Told:
Diane (from the daycare)
I think she told her daughter Kellie (but she's a nurse at my Dr.'s office, so it's okay)
Our Life Group (Monica & Andrew, Tiffany & Elliot)
Congratulations Samantha!!!! I haven't checked my dashboard in forever, and I caught a gimpse at it today and saw the picture!!! That is awesome! I hope all is well and that Baby V is growing rapidly! I am sooo excited for you. Now if you win my Twilight contest you are gonna have to make this baby an uber Twilight fan too! lol. Alright, well I must get back and work on my uber late post. I am posting stuff from Manic Monday on Wed. this week and I believe I will be featuring your friends etsy stuff. I will definately let her and you know.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeleteYou have to remember that alot of the girls on the FF board have been trying along time. Or they've had miscarriages and so on. So the doctors tend to make sure everything is okay and the bean is where it's suppose to be. If it is medically necessary, they will cover it. I had gestional diabetes and had an ultrasound a week from 32 weeks on. Try not to worry too much! I know it's impossible at this point!
Hopefully you won't have to pay for the u/s because its medically neccesary. When I was pg with Braxton the Down Syndrome tests came back abnormal so I had to have 2 extra ultrasounds and they were both covered by my insurance b/c the doctor ordered them and said it was very important I have them.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your PG brain stories...I haven't had any of that yet lol