Saturday, November 7, 2009

Yeah, this is gross...

But I still have to blog about it! Sorry. ;)

I definitely think I had my "bloody show" this morning!

(Okay, stop reading now if you don't want to hear any more about this...seriously.)

From here on out, I will refer to my mucous plug as MP and bloody show as BS. Because I really don't want to keep typing those words out. K? :)

When I had my membranes swept at my doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I was already 1 cm dilated, I asked the doctor if that meant I had already lost my MP. I hadn't noticed if I had lost it or not, so I thought it might have happened when I was going to the bathroom or in the shower or something. I figured, if I was already dilated, that pretty much means it already fell out, right? I mean, shouldn't it have been right there at the opening of my cervix if it was closed? And if I was 1 cm dilated and he could sweep the membranes, then it was gone, right? He basically said that all of the books and shows you watch make a big deal out of losing the MP, when it's really not that big of a deal. He said that women's bodies are constantly making more mucous in that area, so even if you lose some of it, you'll make more of it. So it's not a great sign to go by. Okay, thanks doc.

After Tuesday, I didn't have any spotting from the sweep. Then on Thursday when I was having frequent contractions, I did have some tan/red mucous, so I was excited thinking that I was losing my MP or having my BS. I had the membranes swept again that day, and then had a little more brown/red spotting afterward. So far, that's all that has happened.

Well, this morning it was definitely different. I woke up and went to the bathroom and had a big glob of brown mucous. I kept wiping and had more small pieces of it. It was way different than on Thursday, so I was thinking, "This is it! I'm losing my MP!". Then DH and I DTD to try to help things along, and afterward when I went to the bathroom, I think I had my BS. It was like a whole lot of EWCM, but bloody. Totally disgusting, but also making me totally hopeful that something might happen soon!

Took some more EPO this morning and I'm sitting on my exercise ball now. Working on doing laundry too. Starting to feel a little crampy as well.

Come on, labor!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, ok Sam...THERE IS NO DENYING YOUR MP! This is weird and gross I know, but I saved mine on the toilet paper to show Scott. Ewwww! Lucky Scott (poor thing)! It was thick and nasty and never ending and sick! Good luck to you and happy labor! :)

    Oh, and you should check out www.contractionmaster.com. I used it so that Scott didn't have to write down my contraction times. It was nice to have and use particularly when I was bent over and rocking back and forth screaming in pain (just sayin'...). All I had to do was hit the S button when a contraction started and stopped while Scott could comfort me instead of watching a clock and writing down times. Just didn't know if you knew of this site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont remember losing my MP at all. I actually never had any real signs of labor until the day I woke up with my 1st contraction. I contracted all day, went to the hospital and they sent me home in early labor. He did a dilation check and that sent me into active labor. I remember getting my BS after that internal check.

    Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete