Friday, November 6, 2009

Update

The contractions continued all afternoon yesterday. I had some tan-ish colored mucous and then dark red discharge, so I was getting hopeful that something was happening soon. I called the doctor's office and the nurse scheduled me to come in and get checked at 3:30 pm. I went, and...no change. Still 1 cm, cervix long and posterior. Boooo! He swept the membranes again (OUCH!) and said that hopefully it will have a cumulative effect from when he did it on Tuesday and put me into real labor. He said to go home and rest in case the contractions get stronger and I end up in L&D tonight. Went home and rested and they pretty much tapered off. So, back to waiting for something to happen!

Weight: the same
Urine: ok
BP: 130/? - a little high because they called me back the second I walked in and I had just hoofed it from the parking garage to the office in the middle of a contraction and was a little winded. And I was all ticked off because some rude guy in the parking lot saw me and said, "Having twins?" and had I not been in the middle of a contraction, I would have punched him in the throat.

1 comment:

  1. when will people learn 2 very important things: (1)Don't say things to pregnant women if it involves guessing how many children they are carrying or how far along they are and (2)It's rude to touch a preggo's belly without permission. Honestly!!

    ReplyDelete