Sorry I've been MIA lately. I just went and back-posted a couple of entries (9/10 and 9/12). I've been sick since Tuesday night.
**Don't read ahead if you don't want to hear all of the gory details. **
All evening, I was burping like crazy, but it wasn't normal burping. They were uncomfortable and, sorry for the details, but tasted disgusting. It was definitely a stomach issue.
I went to sleep around 11 pm and was up at midnight, 1 am, 2 am...constant diarrhea and I vomited up all of my dinner at the 2 am waking. I was miserable. But the burping issue was resolved! I knew it wasn't normal. DH was so sweet. He got up with me and Lysol-ed everything behind me, brought me some water, and even cleaned the toilet. I finally got 2 hours of solid sleep from about 3:00 - 5:00 am. Then I was up again to vomit, but my stomach was empty and it was just dry heaving. I asked DH to take SS to school that morning, and then I got another 2 hours of sleep from 6:30 - 8:30 am before I got up to lay on the couch for the rest of the day.
I called the doctor and left a message and the nurse called me back right away. I didn't have a fever, so she told me to just be on a liquid diet (popsicles, ice chips, jello, etc) until I was sure I could hold it down. Then she told me I could move on to the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). DH brought home some applesauce, jello, and crackers for me during his lunch break. They called in an Rx for Phenergan for the nausea and said I could take Immodium after 24 hours of diarrhea. At that point, it had already been 12 hours, and I'm like, You want me to wait through 24 hours of this before taking something? Are you crazy? They told me to call back if I developed a fever, which luckily, I never did.
I just layed around all day and watched an insane amount of TLC, and then took a nap from around 3:00 - 5:00 pm until DH got home.
My diet all day consisted of:
Breakfast: popsicle and ice chips
Lunch: crackers, applesauce, water
Dinner: brown rice, water
Snacks: applesauce, crackers
Delicious, huh?
I made it through last night without any more "issues" and it was so nice to have a good night's sleep after how horrible the night before was. I asked DH to take SS to school again this morning, and I was able to get about 3 extra hours of sleep. I waited to see if breakfast stayed down (toast and water...yum) and then came in to work today. I've been nibbling on crackers and sipping water all morning. I'm going to have the rest of my brown rice and an apple for lunch.
Neither the nurse or I know why I was sick, but the possible causes are:
-A stomach virus
-Food poisoning (I had a turkey sub for lunch on Tuesday and had the deli meat cold...I was bad and didn't ask for it to be heated. Ooops).
I feel pretty weak and tired today, but I'm guessing it's just because of how little food I've had since Tuesday evening. Poor Brayden has been starving these past couple of days. I feel so bad for him. :(
Yuck. That sounds horrible. Did you need to take the phenergan or immodium or did it stop on its own? Thankfully it's over and you're on the mend!! Your husband was so sweet to help you!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are starting to feel a little better. That must have been awful!
ReplyDeleteugg. i hope you feel better!
ReplyDelete