Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby Shower #1 - Family shower

We had our first baby shower on Sunday, September 6th down in Clearwater. My mom, sister, and aunt threw it for me. I had such a great time! They did such an amazing job with everything. The food, decorations, games, etc...all of it was so wonderful. There were about 16 guests that attended the shower. It was mostly family, although my best friend (that I haven't seen since Christmas!) and her mother were able to come too, so I was really excited about that. My sister asked a friend of hers who is a photographer if she would come and take pictures/video of the shower...I can't wait to see how those turned out!

Location:
The clubhouse at my aunt's condo. The room was gorgeous!

Decorations:
Bright colors - Caribbean blue & Kiwi green tablecloths, plates, napkins, plasticware, and cups.
Centerpieces - little blue and green baskets with tissue paper inside, filled with small baby items (pacis, bowls, spoons, bibs, bath items, rattles, etc), and spread out all over the room.

Menu:
Chicken salad sandwiches on croissants
Greek pasta salad
Fruit/veggie trays
Chex mix
Soda/wine
Cake for dessert - It had stripes and polka dots that matched the decorations perfectly and said "Welcome Brayden" on it. It was vanilla cake with vanilla whipped icing from Publix.

Games:

  1. "Guess the Character" - Each person had the name of a male Disney character pinned to their back. (They were all male since I'm having a boy.) The goal was to figure out who you were. We went around the room and could only ask each person 1 question, and it had to be a yes/no question. People asked questions such as: Am I human? Am I an animal? Am I a cartoon? Am I an adult? Do I live in a castle? Do I have superpowers?, etc. This game was a LOT of fun and it got guests mingling right from the beginning! Mine ended up being "Prince Charming" since I married my Prince Charming and I'm about to have a little Prince of my own. :) This game would really fun at any kind of party, just by changing the theme. I loved it!
  2. "How big is Mommy?" - Each person tore off a piece of streamer that they thought was the same length as how big around my belly is. They took turns coming up and seeing if it fit around me. The goal was to get it as close as possible without going over. If anyone went over, they were automatically out. Almost everyone overestimated, with the exception of 1 family friend who tore off a tiny piece that had to only be about a foot long. We called her the "$1 bidder" from The Price is Right. Haha. My best friend got it EXACTLY RIGHT! That's what friends are for. ;)
  3. Word Search - pretty self-explanatory. It was a timed word search with baby-themed words.

Presents:
Oh. My. Goodness. Before the guests had even arrived, there was a HUGE pile of presents just from my mom, aunt, sister, and a few out-of-town guests who couldn't attend. I couldn't believe it! Brayden is a very lucky little boy to have so many people who love him already. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time! Can't wait to see pictures!!!! I can't believe how the time has flown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!! :) I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete