Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Themes

Are there any baby themes that you really love or really can't stand? I'd love to hear about them. While shopping for baby clothes, I've definitely started to discover my own tastes, and I didn't realize I was so picky! Is anyone else out there as picky as I am about what your kid is going to wear? Obviously, mine are more boy-specific, but you can share your girl likes/dislikes with me as well!

Likes:
monkeys (our nursery theme!)
jungle animals
dinosaurs
alligators (b/c we're Gator fans!)
turtles
cars/trucks
trains
airplanes (b/c DH used to be a pilot)
whales/fish
tools (b/c DH does a LOT of projects around the house)

Dislikes:
frogs (see comment section)
sports (except for Gator gear!)
teddy bears
puppies
boats/nautical
ducks
prince/princess
anything from a cartoon/movie/kid's show

There's my list. What is yours?

6 comments:

  1. I love love love baseball stuff and monkeys, lion etc.

    I HATE HATE HATE Winnie the pooh and dora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very picky too, as is my Mom. Kendall can't believe us when we go baby shopping. She's like, "Just pick one, they are all cute." One thing I really hate are the, "Daddy's little champ" and "Mommy's little princess" things. I guess I can see where other people would like them, just not a big fan.

    I completely agree with your lists except the frogs. I really like some frog stuff I have found.

    For some reason I am a huge fan of sunshines on girls stuff. Couldn't tell you why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mya - I do actually have one sports outfit that I thought was pretty cute. And Kori, unfortunately, it says "Daddy's Little MVP". haha.

    About the frogs - The reason I don't like them as a theme is because I HATE the actual creature. I used to live in an apartment and the courtyard leading to my front door was like a plague of frogs every night when I would come home, and it totally scarred me for life! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of sports, and if it's trucks, they have to be "cute" trucks. I would be all about the animals for boys!! As they grow up, they could advance to tools... LOL For girls, I love ladybug stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy likes:
    -monkeys
    -dinosaurs
    -frogs
    -turtles

    Boy Dislikes:
    -trains/planes/boats
    -tv characters (unfortunatly Braxton is starting to pick out his own clothes & getting alot of "Cars" and "Thomas the Tank Engine" clothes and shoes.)

    It seems I am VERY picky about girl clothes but it's less do with themes and more about colors. I like soft colors...not bright, bold ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany - I totally agree on the trucks thing. I like the tools because DH does lots of projects around the house. :)

    ReplyDelete