I totally blanked out on the fact that I had a DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT today. As in, my 24 week PRENATAL VISIT.
My friend at work was asking me about my pregnancy and we were talking about it for awhile. Then she asked when my next appointment was. I said, "Oh, when I'm almost 24 weeks, so next week." Pause. "Wait. I'm going to be 24 weeks tomorrow. It's this week!" (::insert panicked voice here::) I pulled out my calendar and looked at it...and realized that my appointment was TODAY. At 1:40 PM. And it was 3:55 PM at the time.
HOLY CRAP.
HOW DID I FORGET A PRENATAL APPOINTMENT???
Because I only wrote it in one calendar. Yeah, you heard me right. I normally write stuff like that not only in my personal calendar, but also in my work calendar (so I don't
schedule any meetings at that time) and my Outlook shared calendar on my work computer (so my boss knows where I am). I didn't do either of those this this time, so I completely forgot. Sometimes I think it's overkill that I write my appointments in so many places. Now I know that I actually need to do those things.
I called the doctor's office right away and explained to them that I'm a totally forgetful pregnant woman and forgot about my appointment today. The scheduling nurse just laughed and checked on the doctor's availability for the week. They only had ONE appointment left. Tomorrow morning at 9:50 AM. I'll take it!
And I wrote myself a sticky note and stuck it to the back of my phone so I don't forget this time.
Haha, oh goodness!
ReplyDeleteAt least they were able to get you in tomorrow!! :)