Monday, July 27, 2009

Surprise baby gift

I received the most unexpected gift in the mail today! Tiffany, from my FF buddy group, knitted this hat and baby blanket for Brayden! It even has his first initial sewn in the middle of it (can you see it in the second picture?). The color is more accurate in the first picture and didn't turn out right in the second picture for some reason (I took these on my phone), but I wanted to get a close-up so you could see the letter "B".

She's so good, she even packaged it in blue and green tissue paper (his nursery colors) and bought a blue and green polka dotted card (my favorite design). AND sent me a book she had just finished reading because she knows how much I love to read. You have a great memory!

Tiffany, this is one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. You have no idea how much I will treasure it. You are so incredibly sweet and are a wonderful friend!

4 comments:

  1. You're good - you picked on my color coordinating with the tissue paper and the card :) And the book isn't really part of the "baby" gift - it was just a random thing because I had literally just finished it that day and knew you liked to read. I guess it has a newborn baby in it though, so it is semi-related. I have to say, the blanket and hat look MUCH better in person than in pics... but I may be biased since I made them :) I wonder who in our group I'll knit for next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you color coordinated the tissue paper and card! I wasn't picking on you at all. I was quite impressed! I love that kind of stuff. :)

    They do look better in person, but I took those with the camera on my phone because I could send them straight to my Blogger account without having to plug in my regular camera, upload the pics to the computer, and then upload the pics to Blogger. It's a lot quicker that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! I love the cute little hat!

    ReplyDelete