Friday, June 19, 2009

Hospital classes

DH and I registered for classes at the hospital yesterday! I know it's early, but I like to have any upcoming dates on my calendar as soon as possible so I can plan around them. They are recommended to be taken between 22 and 37 weeks.

Here are the classes we registered for:

Prepared Childbirth
Description: This class is designed to prepare families for the birth of their child. We recommended this series for first time families. Topics include: the last month of pregnancy, labor, the birth process, breathing and relaxation techniques, the postpartum period, and the newborn. Includes a tour of the Maternity Unit.
Dates: August 5th - September 2nd. This is a 5 week series held on Wednesday nights from 7:00 - 9:30 pm.
Cost: $60/couple
*I will be 26-30 weeks along during this class.

Newborn Care
Description: Gain confidence in caring for your new baby by attending this popular class. Topics include general baby care, bathing, diapering, signs of illness, soothing techniques, and more. By the end of this class you will feel more confident in caring for your baby and gain valuable tips on parenting. You will also receive an Academy of Pediatrics approved book entitled, "The First Year."
Dates: September 9th. This is a one-time class held on a Wednesday night from 7:00 - 9:30 pm.
Cost: $20/couple
*I will be 31 weeks along at this class.

Carseat Safety for Newborns
Description: This class teaches expectant parents how newborns should ride in a car, how to select a saftey seat and how to install child restraints correctly. Following the class, participants will go outside to their cars and install their car seats with the guidance of a certified car seat technician.
Dates: September 12th. This is a one-time class held on a Saturday morning from 10:00 - 11:30 am.
Cost: FREE
*I will be 31 weeks along at this class.

Breastfeeding
Description: This class teaches the important information about the basics of breastfeeding. Topics include benefits of breastfeeding, maternal nutrition, anatomy, composition of breast milk, and positioning. Partners or support persons are welcomed at this one night class. You will also receive a book on, "Breastfeeding, a Great Start".
Dates: September 23rd. This is a one-time class held on a Wednesday night from 7:00 - 9:30 pm.
Cost: $20/couple
*I will be 33 weeks along at this class. DH won't be attending, but I can't say that I blame him!

They have a package deal for Prepared Childbirth, Newborn Care, and Breastfeeding, so it will be $95 total.

And I LOVE that they offer this:

Postpartum Luncheon
Description: Visit, share and learn from each other while navigating the transition into motherhood. All mothers and babies from 2 weeks to 16 weeks who are delivered at NFRMC are invited to join us.
Dates: Every Tuesday from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm.
Cost: This lunch is free and no reservations are required.

I can't wait for these classes! It's going to be so much fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment