Ugh. So, I just threw up for the second time during this pregnancy. Both times have been during the 2nd trimester. What is that all about? I didn't actually get sick once during the first trimester, and here I've been at 14w5d and 17w0d, puking my guts out on the restroom floor at my office. (Thank God they are private restrooms and thank God we have an awesome janitorial staff!)
I ate breakfast, and I was still feeling my usual morning nausea as always. I started feeling hot and just out of it, and all of a sudden...BAM. I just knew that I was going to get sick. When that happens, I usually have about a minute to get to the bathroom. That's actually a decent amount of time to get prepared. I didn't have a hair tie on my wrist and my hair is pretty long, so I was able to ask an officemate at the next cubicle if I could borrow one of hers on my way to the restroom. I find that pretty hysterical, if I do say so myself. I just calmly walked over and was like, "Megan, do you have a hair tie? Because I'm about to throw up." haha.
It was just as bad as the first time it happened a couple of weeks ago, and again, I thought I was going to die. Sending all of my sympathy and hugs out to you if you have been throwing up constantly throughout your first trimester or longer! My face was bright red afterwards and I had to hold a wet paper towel on my face to get it to go back to normal. My throat and nose were just burning something awful. This is way TMI, but why do I care?...I blew my nose immediately afterwards, and puke definitely came out on the tissue. THAT is not a pretty sight, in case you were wondering. I scoured the office looking for some chewing gum since I didn't have a toothbrush with me. About 30 minutes later, I was incredibly starving, and was able to eat lunch and so far, have kept it down.
Where is this glorious second trimester that has been promised to me by all? Where is the disappearance of nausea, the amazing energy boost, the beautiful glow, the "I feel wonderful!" vibe that everyone tells me about?
-I feel just as nauseated as I did in the 1st tri (with the exception that I do get some relief in the evenings now), and both times I've thrown up have only been in the 2nd tri.
-I even more tired in the 2nd tri, and cannot pull my sorry butt out of bed in the mornings.
-That "glow" that was promised? Well, I guess you can count my greasy forehead as glowing if you want.
-Obviously, I don't feel wonderful.
So far, the 2nd tri has by far been worse than the 1st, with exception of the fact that I'm no longer as worried about something going wrong with the pregnancy. So, there still is a bright side, but try telling me that while I'm neck deep in the toilet at work.
Aw I'm so sorry. HUGS! I hope it gets better for you soon!
ReplyDeleteNow a disgusting story: When my cousin was pregnant she vomited and a (chopped up) tomato came out her nose. YUCK!
LOL. Your situation reminded me so thought I would share.
hahaha...that cracked me up!
ReplyDelete