Sorry for the lack of posts in the past week. I have been incredibly sick. It started out Wednesday night with a sore/itchy throat, nose and ears and then on Thursday, I had a runny nose and was sneezing a lot, so I thought it was just seasonal allergies. I was taking Zyrtec and Claritin for it, which is approved for pregnancy. Then I started feeling really awful that evening as it progressed into a full-blown cold. And not just any old garden variety cold. A REALLY BAD one. You know how conscientious I am about saving my PTO time for my upcoming maternity leave (read: I can't take any)? Well, I actually stayed home from work on Friday and Monday because it was that bad. I spent 4 days in my pj's, curled up on the couch with a box of tissues. I took Sudafed, Tylenol, and Afrin nose spray, which are all approved for pregnancy (but you can only take the Afrin for 2 days because it becomes addictive and you can't breathe without it). I felt so incredibly horrible. My nose was so congested that I couldn't breathe at all. So I had to breathe through my mouth, which gave me a sore throat and chapped lips (and kickin' breath), and I got no sleep whatsoever. DH and I actually slept in separate rooms for a couple of nights so we could both try to get some rest. And the headache. Don't get me started on the headache. My whole head was pounding from the neck up.
On Monday, I called my regular doctor to try to get in for an appointment because at that point, I was thinking it was something worse than just a cold. They told me to call my OB. So I called and talked to the nurse, and after listening to my symptoms and talking to the Dr., she said that they think I have a sinus infection and they called in a prescription for antibiotics for me. DH picked them up last night and I started taking them. I'm back to work today, simply because I can't fathom taking more days off, knowing that I won't be getting paid for 2 days of maternity leave in November now. But the headache is still kicking my butt. I have one of the overhead lights turned off at work for a little bit of relief. The Tylenol and Sudafed aren't doing a whole lot for me right now. I'm hoping I feel better after my second dose of antibiotics this evening.
Being sick while pregnant sucks.
Awe I'm sorry you're sick. Being sick while pregnant DOES suck! I went through it too in the first tri and it was absolutley horrible! I had to get a babysitter for DS for like 2 days until I felt a little bit better!! Hopefully those meds will help you!
ReplyDeleteI had a full blown cold in my 39th week. It was horrible. :(
ReplyDelete