I had my 15 week check up today! Everything looks good.
I was supposed to see my doctor, but he was on-call and as I was sitting in the exam room waiting for him to come in, the nurse popped her head in and said that he was just called out to Labor & Delivery so he wouldn't be able to see me. I was worried that they were going to reschedule my appointment, but she said that she had called one of the midwives from the office downstairs (all within in the same hospital and same women's physicians practice) and was having her come up to see me. Whew! Thank goodness.
The midwife came in and talked with me and asked about the bleeding episode that I had the week before. I told her that I was continuing to have some brown spotting (mostly brown CM on the toilet paper) and said that she'd like to listen to the heartbeat and do another internal exam just to check on everything. The heartbeat was strong and we heard a lot of fetal movement and she said that the baby was "showing off" which I thought was really cute. :)
She did the internal exam and said that my cervix appears to be irritated and she saw some of the brown blood on the giant Q-tip thingy that they use to take samples with. She didn't seem concerned about it though and said that it can just happen due to pregnancy. We hadn't DTD in a week and a half (since 3 days prior to the first bleeding episode), so I knew it wasn't from that. She said that we shouldn't do it again for a couple of weeks, just to make sure the cervix doesn't get more irritated. She felt my abdomen (more like squished it so hard I thought I was going to throw up) and said that everything feels like it's growing on track.
I got a lab slip from the nurse to go to the lab and have my blood drawn for the Quad screening. I'm going to make an appointment to do that next week because I waited in there for SO FREAKING LONG when I had my first blood draws done at my 6 week appointment.
Oh, I forgot...the scale at home said that I had gained 2 pounds since last week, but the scale at the doctor's office said that I went down a pound from my visit last week! Who knows what's going on with that.
4 weeks until our next appointment and we find out the sex of the baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment