Friday, April 17, 2009

We told my SS the news!


Last night we finally told my SS the news about the baby! He is very excited. He's 9 y/o and loves doing puzzles, treasure hunts and all sorts of creative things like that, so I wanted to think of a cool way to tell him. I went online and found a site to make your own puzzles here. I made a word search puzzle with a hidden message inside. The words that he had to find were all baby-related, like bottle, rattle, crib, etc. Then at the end, he wrote down all of the letters that were leftover and it spelled out a message. The message was: (SS's name) is going to be a big brother again! (He has a 3 y/o half-brother - JC - at his mom's house, along with a 7 y/o stepsister -A.)


We videotaped his reaction. When I figure out how, I'll post it on here. It was priceless. Once he read it out loud, he goes, "Ohhhhh" with this up and down intonation in his voice like the light bulb was going off above his head. We asked him, "What does that mean?" and he replied, "I guess that means I'll be a big brother to 3 people now. JC, A, and someone else...hmmm." We asked him, "Well, who else do you think you would you be a big brother to?" and he replied, "Someone that you're having?", and we said, "Yes, we're having a baby!". "Cool!", he said. His first question? "Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?". LOL. We said, "No, we won't find out until June." Of course, he wants a boy (don't all little boys want little brothers? I would be shocked if he said he wanted a little sister). It was a great family moment. :) We're saving the word search puzzle to put in my pregnancy journal scrapbook.

What is SS's first message to the new baby going to be?: "Welcome to the new world."

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is just too sweet! Very creative idea by the way!! I'm glad he's excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammy ammy this is so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete