Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Update from yesterday

Yesterday around 5:30, I noticed a missed call and a voicemail on my cell phone. I had a message from a nurse at my OBGYN's office saying that everything was fine, but she was calling to discuss the results of my u/s. She called at 4:30 and I didn't notice the call and by the time I received the message, the office was already closed so I had to leave her a message. Even though she said that everything was fine, I was still a little nervous wondering why she was calling after the u/s tech said that everything was fine.

One of the nurses called me back this morning. She said that my doctor wanted to have me in for another u/s in a couple of weeks because it was too early to see the heartbeat yesterday. I asked if everything was okay, and she said that everything was fine and they saw exactly what they expected to see yesterday for how far along I was. My next u/s appointment is on Wednesday, 3/25 at 8:30 am and I will be exactly 7 weeks along. Please pray that we see a heartbeat at this visit! I will be far enough along that it should be visible on the screen.

I'm really glad that I called yesterday when I was feeling the pain in my abdomen. I'm so glad that they took it seriously enough to have me in for an u/s because of the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy, and I'm so incredibly relieved that everything was just fine and that now I know what the pain is being caused by. But I'm even MORE glad that apparently now I'm on their "radar" and they are going to have me in for another u/s in a couple of weeks, while most of their patients only get one u/s at 20 weeks to determine the sex of the baby. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. What a relief your update was yesterday! I'm so glad everything is fine, and we'll keep praying for you and the little one!

    <3 T

    ReplyDelete