Monday, March 30, 2009

Spotting

*(This happened last week, but I'm back-posting it now on 4/6 because I forgot.)*

When I used the restroom today at work, I noticed the tiniest amount of red spotting. It was seriously the size of a period at the end of a sentence. I saw two spots on the toilet paper, and it happened twice when I wiped, then it was gone. Of course, this paired with that horrible pain I experienced Friday night had me completely freaking out. I left a message for the OB nurse right away. She called me back within 10 minutes. She told me to keep an eye on it and if it got any worse, they would bring me in for an u/s tomorrow. I told her about the pain I had on Friday night and asked if she thought it was the corpus luteum cyst bursting, and she said it was possible, but that if I felt it again, to definitely call back because there was only one cyst and if I felt something again, then that isn't what the pain was. I asked if that meant my body would stop producing progesterone and have trouble sustaining the pregnancy, and she said that it wouldn't. Of course, I Googled the crap out of that very question and found other people's stories saying that they had to go on progesterone supplements after their CL cyst burst.

My friend suggested wearing a pantiliner so I would be able to monitor any more spotting that occured. Luckily, there wasn't any more at all.

Pregnancy is really freaking scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment