Friday, March 13, 2009

Our Anniversary Weekend!

I probably won't be posting much this weekend because Sunday (the 15th) is our 1 year wedding anniversary! I can't believe that we've been married for a year already! The time has just flown by. DH has some sort of surprise planned for us tomorrow and I can't wait to find out what it is!

We forgot to freeze our cake topper before we left for our honeymoon last year and left it in the refrigerator for the entire week we were gone. We came home to one incredibly disgusting cake. The filling in between the layers became some sort of a nasty sludge. Gross. We just went ahead and threw it away and decided that we would just reorder a mini cake and have it decorated exactly like the original (see below). We got that idea from friends of ours who did the same thing. So I called our bakery, Cakes by Jenny, and reordered our cake today. It's going to be available tomorrow afternoon for pick-up, and my dear friend Monica is going to pick it up for us because DH said that we won't be around to get it. Hmm...are we going out of town?

Since the traditional first anniversary gift is paper, I bought concert tickets to Chris Tomlin for 4/3 in Tampa for DH, SS and I to go to as a family. I'm going to wait until Monday to give the tickets to them because that's when SS comes back to our house for the week. Besides that, I am planning on making a collage of our wedding vows using the website Wordle. I bought this really nice brown wood frame that's 11x14 with an 8x10 matte inside so we can hang it on the wall in our house. That's it, nothing too fancy, but something meaningful. :)

2 comments: