First off, I refuse to call it "morning sickness". That is a complete misnomer. Because it's more like "all day long sickness". Get it straight people. Who dubbed it morning sickness anyway? It was probably a man.
I've been feeling completely miserable since last Thursday, when the nausea kicked in at 6w1d. I feel sick from the second I wake up until the second I go to bed. And I feel starving most of the time in between there too. It's a strange thing to feel sick and yet hungry at the same time. And by strange, I mean it totally sucks.
The worse part is that I feel sick if I do eat, but I feel worse if I don't eat. So I have to keep forcing myself to eat something, just so I don't feel completely horrible and think I'm about to die. Ugh.
Today was a better day though. The trick? I ate something nearly every 1-2 hours. I am constantly eating! And yet I'm still hungry...I didn't think that was possible. The trick is to stay ahead of the hunger, so you don't feel totally horrible. Or else you'll never catch up. My biggest problem is that I wait too long to eat breakfast. This morning I didn't eat until 10 am, and I felt like I was about to die. But I scarfed down a mini bagel with cream cheese and had some OJ and felt a little better. Then around 11 am, I had a banana. Then a little after Noon, I ate another mini bagel, this time with peanut butter and a mini can of Coke. Around 2 pm, I had an apple. Around 3:30 pm, I had some popcorn and another mini Coke. Then around 4:30, I had a small bag of mixed nuts. And I'm hungry again. I need to find another snack soon!
All of my friends who have had babies have told me that the best thing to do is just keep eating. So that's what I'm trying to do. Just keep eating, just keep eating, just keep eating, eating, eating...Hey, that's a catchy little tune. ;)
Same trick worked with me too! :)
ReplyDeleteand you just reminded me..
I'm hungry & craving OJ.
:)
and take advantage of this chapter of your life! this is the ONLY time that a woman will hear to keep eating, eating eating! this is the only time that a woman will eat until her heart is content and not feel guilty! And you get to wear elastic pants 24/7! haha I think that's great!
ReplyDeletebut I am sorry you feel so crummy. Keep eating!!
ReplyDelete