Wow...has another week gone by already? This pregnancy time warp thing is freaking me out. I feel like I just posted the week 5 stuff, but then, thinking back and realizing that I've only known I've been pregnant for 2 weeks and 2 days seems unreal to me. I'm like, "That's all it's been? Seriously?" So I still don't know if the time is going to fly by or feel like it's taking forever.
Symptoms:
-Some AF-like cramping when I've been doing a lot of walking or stuff around the house
-Starting to have some lower back pain. It's not muscle cramps. It feels like my vertebrae are grinding together. It's worse when I bend over, so now I'm resorting to bending at the knees to lean down to pick things up.
-Sore breasts...and they are getting bigger! I could barely fit into my bikini top this past weekend. I kept checking to make sure nothing was popping out that shouldn't be. Yikes!
-Starting to get some "baby bloat". Yeah, I had belly fat already, I'll admit it. But I think it's starting to be more than that. Don't worry, I'm not one of those crazy pregnant ladies who thinks they are "showing" the second they find out they're pregnant.
-Increased appetite. I am always hungry!
-Waking up to pee a few times during the night...this is getting annoying.
-Constipation. Not bad, just going less often than usual.
-Feeling hot a lot of the time, especially when I go to bed.
-Finding it hard to get comfortable in bed. Not because of my belly, but just can't get comfortable for some reason. My boobs and my back hurt too much in different positions!
-Dry-heaving when I gagged on a tiny little pill this morning. I hope this isn't the beginning of a more serious case of morning sickness.
-The nausea I was feeling every evening and in the car has started to go away. I only feel it every now and then and it usually passes quickly.
-Not feeling as light-headed in between meals anymore, but getting super hungry.
Overall though, I'm feeling pretty good! Even though the list of symptoms is quite lengthy (I'm just being thorough!), nothing is really bothering me that much. They are all just little changes that I've been noticing in my body. The m/s isn't too bad, and I haven't gotten the extreme pregnancy fatigue that everyone talks about. I'm enjoying this pregnancy so far! I hope it stays this way. FX for that!
Who I've Told:
Stephanie (from the second daycare) on 3/12
Rita (my supervisor) on 3/13
Meghan (one of my best friends) on 3/18 - I finally got to tell her today! We've been playing phone tag for the past two weeks and we just connected tonight. She's also a doctor and is in her first year of residency...and wants to specialize in OB! I'm so glad to have her to talk to.
How did it go telling your supervisor???
ReplyDeleteJust crossing my fingers that she doesn't blab and tell the whole office. She has a huge mouth. But I figured she needed to know why I'm going to be out so much for doctor's appointments, or coming in late because I don't feel well.
ReplyDelete