Sorry, this is going to sound kind of morbid, but it's been on my mind, so I'm going to share it anyway...
My grandfather who lives in OH is sick and isn't doing very well. He's pushing 80 years old, has Parkinson's with some dementia, had a stroke a few years ago, had a benign brain tumor removed, and has malignant melanoma for which he is too weak to receive cancer treatment for. Hospice is involved and they say that it won't be long. He's basically completely bed-bound now. Our family has come to terms with it because we've seen it coming for awhile, but now the reality is that it could be in the next month or so. My cousin is pregnant and due in March, and my grandma told her that she doesn't think Grandpa will be around to meet baby Cooper when he arrives.
I've had this crazy feeling that I'm going to find out I'm pregnant, and my Grandpa is going to pass away right around the same time. That we'll have a death in the family and news of a new life at the same time. I don't know why, but I just can't get it out of my head. I haven't mentioned this to anyone. I was talking to my cousin on the phone this morning, and this is completely crazy, but...she said the EXACT same thing to me! She reminded me of how she figured out that they conceived their baby right around the time when her husband's grandfather died last year, and they found out she was pregnant about two weeks after the funeral. She told me she thought that could possibly happen to me as well, and I just about lost it when I told her I had been thinking the same thing.
Sorry. I told you this was going to be kind of morbid.
Edited on 3/6/09:
Grandpa Jr. passed away on 2/5/09. Read posts around that date for more info. I got my BFP on 3/2/09, less than a month after my Grandpa Jr. passed away. My LMP was 2/4/09, the day before he passed, so technically, my pregnancy started then. How weird is that???
I have a good friend whose baby was conceived right around the time of her father's funeral. (So maybe the whole "stress" thing is a myth!) Maybe it's God's way of giving people some joy to try to heal the sorrow. It definitely sucks though. If/when each event happens, you should allow yourself to feel sad over your grandfather, and also allow yourself to feel joy over a pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteThanks Tiffany. I'll remember that. :)
ReplyDeletewow that would be odd
ReplyDelete