“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” ~Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
Friday, December 16, 2011
Sing?
I have a routine of sitting in the glider in Brayden's room and reading a book to him while he sits in my lap before his nap everyday. I usually sing the song from the book "Love You Forever" to him a few times when we're finished reading and before I put him in his crib. Sometimes he wants me to keep singing it over and over and he asks, "More?" when I get to the end of the verse, so I keep going a few more times until he says, "All done" or, "Night-night Mama". This afternoon, I'd stopped singing and given him the drink of water he'd asked for and then he kept asking me something but I couldn't figure out what word he was saying. Apparently, he was saying, "sing" and I just couldn't figure it out. After I'd guessed at least 10 different words incorrectly, he finally looked up at me and said, "Music?". Then it finally registered with me. He wanted me to start singing again! It just made me feel so proud of him, that he knew I couldn't understand him so he came up with an alternative word to get his point across!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment