Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Cards!

You all know that I'm a slacker. We've pretty much established that. Well then, it should come as no surprise that it's December 10th and still I haven't given a thought to our Christmas cards for this year! Whoops! Usually DH is on the ball about this and is constantly reminding me. I guess he forgot too. We're just a family full of slackers!

Last year was pretty easy because Brayden was born just a month before Christmas, so we sent out combination Christmas cards/birth announcements. It saved me time AND money, which was a no-brainer for a slacker like me. ;)

A friend of mine told me about a blogging promotion that Shutterfly was doing, and I just had to jump on board! They are giving away 50 Free Christmas Cards to anyone who blogs about their amazing site! They have such great products, we're totally broke this year, and the promotion just gave me a kick in the pants to get busy doing our Christmas cards...it's a win-win situation!

The friend I mentioned said she would come over this weekend to take a family picture of us. She just got a great new camera for her birthday, so I know it will turn out great. I've been thinking about doing a red and black theme this year. It seems very classy and elegant. These are a few of my favorite Christmas card templates in those colors. They even have the word "elegant" in them!

Royal Elegance Christmas Card

Elegantly Framed Christmas Card

Elegant Cranberry Damask Christmas Card

Shutterfly has so many other great products besides Christmas cards.

Who can resist these birth announcements?

This is my top boy pick:
Baby Chic Blue Birth Announcement

And my fave girl one:
Bead Bubbles Pink Birth Announcement

I wish I had ordered these for Brayden's 1st birthday invitations instead of doing Evites!
Twelve Months Blue Birthday Invitation

I can't wait to get our outfits ready, take our holiday picture, choose one of my top 3 templates and make our Christmas cards!

2 comments:

  1. I love shutterfly! Can you post a link to the blogger promotion? I would love to use it and blog about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I can't believe I forgot that! I will edit the post right now with the link. :)

    ReplyDelete