Saturday, March 20, 2010

Teeth!

My baby cut his first tooth tonight! He's not even 4 1/2 months old yet. 4 months and 11 days, to be exact. I can't believe it! It's the bottom right one. You can see the little white spot on his gums and feel its sharp edge with your finger.

It's actually a funny story. We were at a BBQ with our neighbors, and one of them asked me, "Has he cut any teeth yet?". I told her, no, he's been teething for the past 2 months, but no teeth yet. He started drooling a lot and chewing on his hands at 2 months but it didn't seem to bother him, and then he started getting fussy about it around 3 months and needed Tylenol and Baby Oragel to relieve the pain. Well, a few minutes later, he was chewing on his hands and babbling, and I looked in his mouth and saw something white. At first, I thought it had to be a bit of spit-up (gross, I know). But then I looked closer and felt it with my finger, and I could tell that it was a tooth! I started flipping out and screamed, "He cut a tooth!!!" so everyone would know. Well, I totally freaked Brayden out and he stuck out his bottom lip and started howling. He wouldn't calm down for like 10 minutes until we got a bottle ready for him. Poor guy. Mama scared him to death because she was so darn excited!

I've been saying it a lot this week, and I'm going to say it again...he's growing up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment