My poor baby has his first cold and ear infection. :(
He started having a really stuff/runny nose Saturday night. I have been using the nasal aspirator and saline drops constantly. Then on Sunday, he started coughing and sneezing a lot. Both Sunday night and Monday night, he woke up at 3 am (and he NEVER wakes up in the middle of the night anymore!). His temp on Monday was 99.1 and today it was 99.8. When I spoke to the nurse yesterday, she said that she thought his runny nose was just from teething. At that time, he wasn't refusing to eat, which is a sign of an ear infection because it hurts their ears to suck. Well, starting yesterday evening, he became really fussy when I gave him his bottles, so I called back today and they had me bring him in. I'm so glad I listened to my intuition because my poor little man has an ear infection in his right ear! We just filled his antibiotic prescription and I'm hoping he starts feeling better soon.
Ear infections ar ethe worst. Poor litle guy. Hope the antibiotic helps right a way.
ReplyDelete