I had another biophysical profile for the baby today. Again, he passed with an 8/8! Great job, buddy. :) He almost didn't though. The baby has 30 minutes to demonstrate all of the different things that the u/s tech is looking for. He gets 10 minutes to show breathing movements, but he was being a sleepyhead and wouldn't wake up to do it! He finally woke up and his diaphram started moving right at the 10 minute mark. She had to keep jiggling the u/s wand around on my belly and poking and prodding him to get him to wake up (Ouch! It wasn't pleasant for me). He weighed 8 lbs 3 oz, so pretty close to his weight on Friday. And my fluid was at an 11, which is lower than it was, but still good.
And on to the appointment...
Weight: +34 lbs
Urine: No protein in it!
BP: 120/80
Vaccinations: Got the H1N1 vaccine
The doctor checked me and I was 1 cm dilated and about 40% effaced! Hooray for progress! He swept my membranes and holy crap, did that hurt! I was squeezing DH's hand so hard, and had my eyes closed and was practicing deep breathing. Yowza. But my cervix is still long and posterior (facing downward instead of straight on), so it's not favorable for induction yet. I am kind of relieved that I didn't have to make that decision yet, since it would have been up to us to induce this week if conditions were favorable. His recommendation was to just hang in there and see if the contractions pick up and I make more progress on my own. I go back again next Tuesday, one day before my due date to be checked again. If my cervix is more favorable, he said he can schedule an induction for his next on-call day, which is Saturday, November 14th (3 days post-due). Hopefully I go into labor on my own before that though!
Oh, I totally forgot...when he swept the membranes, he said that he could feel the bag of waters and the baby's head! I didn't ask what "station" it was at, but I'm guessing it's a good sign that he could feel it right there at my cervix!
We're going to keep up with the natural methods we've been practicing (DTD, squatting on the exercise ball, taking EPO, and stimulating acupressure points). Let's go, baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment