Monday, September 21, 2009

Restless

I just feel so...RESTLESS right now!!!

I'm 32w5d pregnant today. I have 51 days to go until my due date. And I just want it to be OVER already!

I know I should enjoy these last 7 weeks of pregnancy as much as I can. Things are going to change dramatically once the little guy arrives. We still have time together that we can spend as a just a couple right now. We still have time together that we can spend as only a family of 3 right now. But I'm just so miserable and uncomfortable and I'm ready to NOT be pregnant anymore!

Plus, there are a million things I'm looking forward to over the next few weeks, so of course, they are all I can think about and I just want time to go by quickly so I can enjoy all of these events! :)

Here's what I have going on in the next few weeks, whether big or small:

Every Monday night @ 7 pm: Life Group (our couples Bible study)
Every Tuesday night @ 6:30 pm: Prenatal water exercise class at the gym (when I actually go)
Every Thursday night @ 7:30 pm: Prenatal yoga class at the gym (through 10/22)

9/23/09: Breastfeeding Class at the hospital
9/26/09: BABY SHOWER thrown by my friends!!! Mom and 11 y/o niece will be in town and will stay overnight
9/30/09: MIL & FIL visit from out of town and stay overnight
10/1/09: 34 week appt. and u/s!!!
10/2/09: Work Baby Shower!!!
10/3/09: Busiest day EVER. 1) 10 am - Car Seat Safety Class 2) 1 pm - Friend's Co-ed Baby Shower 3) 4:30 pm - Friend's Wedding & Reception
10/8/09: My 27th Birthday (but I have yoga that night - and it's only 6 classes and I paid for it so I'm going!)
10/9/09: Celebrate my birthday - don't know what we're going to do yet
10/10/09: La Leche League meeting at the library; Drive to Orlando to visit friends and stay overnight
10/14/09: 36 week appt.
10/22/09: 37 week appt.
10/30/09: 38 week appt.
10/31/09: Halloween - DH will be taking SS out to trick-or-treat while me and my pumpkin-shaped, 38-week belly pass out candy at home ;)
11/09/09: Tentative last day of work before maternity leave
11/11/09: DUE DATE!

Here are some things on my To-Do List, in no particular order:

-Write out birth plan
-Finish reading books about labor & delivery
-Finish cleaning out hall closet to make it the baby's closet
-Wash baby clothes, bedding, and other items after baby showers
-Shop for items that we still need for baby
-Organize nursery and put new items away
-Buy nursing bras/tank tops
-Write thank you cards after baby showers
-Have DH assemble large baby items (bouncy seat, swing, play yard, etc.)
-Get maternity leave & short-term disability paperwork taken care of at work
-Figure out new insurance plan for baby
-Research ways to help our cat adjust to the new baby
-Follow-up with 2 potential childcare providers about openings for baby
-Pack hospital bag
-CLEAN
-Oh yeah...and REST!!!!!!!

Can you see now why I'm ready for time to get a move-on?

1 comment:

  1. My Birthday is in Oct too! I'm on the 30th. Thanks for making the list, that reminds me to make mine!

    ReplyDelete