Wednesday, September 2, 2009

30 Week Update

*Sorry that it's been so long! I've been a slacker.
Wednesday Weekly Update

How far along? 30 weeks! Holy crap, how did that happen?
Total weight gain/loss: I had a big +5 lb jump between 27 and 28 weeks. That was insane. But I've maintained my weight since then. So I'm at +20 lbs.
Any new maternity clothes? Just bought a sundress for my baby shower! I got it at Motherhood Maternity on sale because it was from the summer collection. It's blue, green, and purple and has spaghetti straps and is made from a lightweight fabric. Oh, and I went to a baby/maternity consignment shop and ended up finding a black and white dressy top from Motherhood Maternity for only $6! It seriously looks brand new.
Any new stretch marks? On the backs of my knees. Yuck.
Sleep: Everytime I lay down, I have acid reflux up the back of my throat and I think I'm going to vom. It's disgusting. Tums Smoothies in Peppermint flavor are my new best friend. It's like a having a mint before bed when you stay at a hotel. I should have DH start leaving them on my pillow and doing turn-down service.
Best moment this week: We received our first baby shower gift in the mail last week. And my cousin just sent a HUGE box of 0-6 months clothing that Brayden gets to borrow from his cousin Cooper. I can't wait to sort through all of it!
Movement: Crazy amounts of it. See earlier post entitled "Belly dancing".
Food cravings: I seriously haven't had one single weird craving this entire pregnancy. I'll crave a certain food for awhile, but it's totally normal stuff, like apples, or nachos, or milkshakes. Nothing completely revolting like pickles or anchovies.
Gender: A busy, busy boy!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? A little of this, a little of that. You know.
What I miss: My belly not being in the way of doing normal everyday activities. It's making me feel HUGE.
What I am looking forward to: My first baby shower this Sunday, 9/6! My family is throwing it for me down in St. Pete. I can't wait!
Weekly Wisdom: Wisdom...hmmm...what's that?
Milestones: I've reached the 30's...75% of the way done!

How Big is Baby?
Weeks 29-32 (Month 7): Squash
The Bump: As baby's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.

Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.

Your massive belly and nighttime heartburn might be making sleep difficult to come by. If you are able to drift off, you're probably having some strange and vivid dreams -- your subconscious is no less anxious than your waking mind.

Baby Gaga: At this point you can almost see the finish line and your little darling is getting chubbier every day. No surprises here: your little porker is getting even cuter with increasingly pudgy arms and legs this week thanks to the ever-growing layers of subcutaneous fat. Right now they're a little over 15.5 inches in length and nearing 3 pounds! The fine lanugo hair that has been growing all over their little monkey-like body is going to start falling off this week in preparation for the big day. But don’t be shocked if they’re hairier than you’d anticipated, some babies keep their lanugo until after birth. Still, it’s not any cause to be concerned as it will fall off eventually. You might be feeling a bit clumsy as pregnancy hormones have loosened your joints. Have you been feeling moodier as your body gets ready for the final phase of pregnancy?

Baby Center: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

1 comment:

  1. So I def. think its time for another update. It's been too long. :)

    ReplyDelete