Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Car problems

I went to run errands while on my lunch break today, and when I got back in and started the car...nothing. No sounds coming from the engine at all.

No signs that anything was wrong with it before this either. It just happened out of the blue.

I have a 2006 Nissan Altima, and the warranty JUST ended on it in May.

I called DH, who asked if there was anyone around to jump start my car so I could get back to work, and then have someone at work jump start it when it was time to go home. The parking lot was full, but the only person I actually saw at the time was an elderly lady who was sitting in the passenger seat of the car next to me. I was in this little upscale, boutiquey shopping plaza where mostly women shop, and honestly they are mostly more "affluent" women, so I didn't think that I stood much of a chance of finding someone to jump my car. (I was there because I was signing up for a prenatal yoga class at the gym I belong to. One of their locations is in that plaza.) Plus, I wasn't about to be standing outside in the almost 100 degree Florida heat in the middle of August at almost 7 months pregnant, looking around for someone to do it! Oh, and did I mention that I wore all black today and left my water bottle at work?

DH said he'd leave work and come by. He only works about 10 minutes from there.

I hadn't eaten lunch yet, and it was too hot to stay outside, so I walked across to the other size of the plaza and ordered something to eat at one of the little diners. I had DH pick me up there, because I was not about to walk back across the plaza to my car. My lovely DH let me stay inside his air-conditioned SUV while he jump started my car. I love him to pieces. He took my car so he could stop by an auto shop to have the battery checked and I took his Pathfinder. He's always looking out for me. :)

I'm really hoping that it's just the battery, which would be the cheapest thing to fix. DH said that they last about 40,000 miles, and that's about how many miles are on my car. We really don't need any unexpected big expenses coming up right now!

But, on the bright side...my Prince Charming came to my rescue today and it made me remember just how much I love him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment