Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nursery progress

On Monday night, DH went ahead and taped off the walls of the nursery to prepare for painting. He was going to go buy the paint on Tuesday and then paint this weekend. Well, I got home from running errands after work last night around 7 pm, and he made me close my eyes and lead me into the nursery...only to find...a completely painted room!!! He came home from work about an hour early and had it all finished before I got home from running errands! No wonder he didn't give me a hard time while I was out...usually he's texting me and asking, "When are you coming home? What are we doing for dinner?". Ha ha.

I'll post pics soon. He painted one wall blue (where the crib will go) and the opposite wall green (where the dresser will go). The other two opposite walls are going to stay the same dark creme/light tan-ish color that they already were (one wall has a window and the other has a built-in desk unit that will be the changing table). I'm not sure if the green paint is too light. I feel like maybe it needs a second coat, but DH says that it won't make it any darker. I'm just not sure...

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet DH, cant wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I haven't commented in a while! I have been reading on my google reader though! Blue and green will be really cute! When I painted a green room (for a friends bedroom that actually had a blue stripe around it!) I used a light green, but it still needed 2 coats. I can't wait until you get them pictures up!

    ReplyDelete