Thursday, June 18, 2009

His name is going to be...


Braden Christopher!!!


How we came up with it:

His first name - Braden:
Chris and I both love the name Braden. We thought of it a few months ago while we were trying to get pregnant, and we decided that we might use if we ended up having a boy.

Language/Cultural Origin: English
Inherent Meaning: From the Broad Clearing
Spiritual Connotation: Redeemed
Scripture: Romans 5:9, NLT
"And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God's judgement."

His middle name - Christopher:
Well, this may seem like a no-brainer to some of you, since it's obviously after Chris. But, it actually has a story behind it. I had decided a long time ago that if we had a son, I really wanted him to have Chris' first name as his middle name because of the ongoing tradition in his family.

His grandfather is named William.
His father is named John William.
He is named Christopher John.

So, for the past 2 generations, the father's first name has been passed on to the son as his middle name. I thought it would be really special to carry that tradition on, since Chris didn't end up using it with Bailey. (His middle name is Robert, to honor his mom's stepdad who passed away during her pregnancy.)

Language/Cultural origin: Greek
Inherent Meaning: Bearer/Carrier of Christ
Spiritual Connotation: Anointed
Scripture: Galatians 6:17, NIV
"Finally, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus."

So, the spiritual connotation of our little boy's name is Redeemed & Anointed. We love it!

Note: We are still unsure on the spelling of the first name, so it could end up being spelled as Brayden instead. We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find the name meaning paired with scripture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find those meanings in that one book you have? Would you mind looking to see if they have Adelyn Grace (I doubt Adelyn will be in there..but maybe Addie?)

    I love the meaning of his name btw! :)

    ReplyDelete