Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Great weekend

We had such a wonderful weekend! DH and I flew to OH from Thursday - Sunday for my friend Kelly's wedding. The wedding was amazing, I got to visit with family, and I finally met my cousin's baby Cooper!

We arrived to Dayton on Thursday morning and my cousin's husband Mike picked us up from the airport. I got to meet my adorable nephew Cooper for the first time since he was born on St. Patrick's Day this year! (Okay, so he's my cousin's baby and he's not technically my nephew, but my cousin Shannon and I are only 2 years apart and are as close as sisters and have decided that we'll be "Aunt" to each other's kids). He just stared at me from his carseat as I sat next to him in the backseat on the drive home from the airport. The second I looked away, he passed out. So cute! We went to my cousin's house and showered and napped. Then Mike took all of us to meet my Shannon and my Grandma for lunch. We went to this local Italian restaurant and I had the best manicotti of my life! Yum! Then we headed back to the house and DH and I got to babysit Cooper while Mike went to work until Shannon got home. He is just precious! He such a content little boy and we just loved spending time with him.

That evening, my dad picked DH and I up and we went to visit my grandparents for a little while, then we went to dinner at TGI Friday's. I discovered the most delicious concoction ever...the Wild Berry Lemonade Slushie! I was in heaven. I can't wait to order these from the take-out area at Friday's on a regular basis from now on!

(I know I'm mentioning food a lot here. Give me a break, I'm pregnant! Haha. Another new craving to mention - Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts, not toasted...been eating them just about everyday since Thursday.)

On Friday, we packed up, dropped Cooper off to his grandparents, and headed to Columbus for the wedding. My cousin was one of the bridesmaids so we needed to get there early. We stopped for a bite to eat at Wendy's, checked into the Hilton (which was completely amazing!) and got ready for the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. I got to see a lot of my cousin's girlfriends that I've known for years and had a great time catching up with all of them. It's always fun when they are around!

DH and I at the wedding rehearsal On Saturday, DH and I slept in (in the most heavenly king-size bed with a down comforter and down pillows!), went to breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and then I went to visit the ladies in their room as they were getting their hair done. Then it was time to have lunch, get pretty, and carpool over to the wedding location! The wedding was absolutely amazing. The ceremony was held outside on the edge of a golf course at 6:30 in the evening and the view and the weather were both gorgeous. The bride looked absolutely beautiful, as did all of the bridesmaids. The bridesmaids and then the bride walked down the aisle to instrumental recordings of music performed by the groom and his friends. The bride and groom wrote personal vows to one another, and I think that pretty much everyone teared up. The ceremony was inside the clubhouse of the golf course, and it was beautifully decorated. Her colors were champagne, chocolate brown, and blush pink. I spent the evening sipping on my new mocktail of choice, Sprite and cranberry juice...yum! Then we danced the night away until midnight. I told Kelly that it was such a great wedding that I even enjoyed it while sober! Haha.

DH and I at the wedding
I certainly got some exercise this weekend. Between dancing for hours at the reception and speed walking through the airport for our connecting flights that were very close together, I was completely worn out!

I'll post pics of DH and I from the wedding soon. I found the cutest maternity dress that I wore to the wedding. It was pink and knee length and I absolutely loved it. I got a lot of attention from my baby bump over the weekend, which was a brand new thing for me, and it just made me feel really special! I'm really starting to get into the enjoyable part of pregnancy now that I have a noticeable bump. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment